• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
:) So, I wasn't seeing things. But what's the deal here, I was thinking. It beats me.

Maybe accidentally put an extra zero in and didn't know how to withdraw the bid?

Or someone's girlfriend is pissed off and logged in with their Ebay account and made the bid. lol

Reactions: PSO

Veri

Master Contributor
I think it's more sketchy than that. Ebayer with barely any rep, suspicious bids. Since bids can be retracted this is probably some kind of scam luring people into thinking it's worth much more than it really is? I have no other explanation :eek:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You have a ton of stolen credit cards. You buy stuff from yourself with them for inflated prices. Several fake accounts can make bidding look legitimate.

Or you have cash and want it in the bank. You buy gift cards and then buy stuff from yourself.

Beave

Major Contributor
Experts - This is not a deal, but the opposite of it. However, this seems like a thread where I can ask this question - Why would someone bid USD 2000 on a used pair of Senn HD 58X Jubilee headphones? Am I missing something?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Massdrop-S...525093&hash=item5db3886dfc:g:SOsAAOSw6l9eUoHe

Notice that the two bidders going back and forth each have ZERO feedback, ie, neither has bought nor sold anything on eBay.

There could be all sorts of things going on, but I can almost guarantee that the 'winning' bidder won't actually pay for the headphones.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Notice that the two bidders going back and forth each have ZERO feedback, ie, neither has bought nor sold anything on eBay.

There could be all sorts of things going on, but I can almost guarantee that the 'winning' bidder won't actually pay for the headphones.

I wish I knew how to easily make a fake, untraceable ebay account. Then we could all create one and run the bidding up to $100K :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Would love for Amir to measure the older brother to the HS5.
I turned my HS5 in and upgraded to HS8. I just have to have time to test it. :)

BillH

Forum Donor
I turned my HS5 in and upgraded to HS8. I just have to have time to test it. :)
what happened to the project to clone yourself? This is taking much too long!;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
what happened to the project to clone yourself? This is taking much too long!;)
And oh, that is a nice flower shot in your avatar! What kind of flower is it? Love the dual color.

BillH

Forum Donor
And oh, that is a nice flower shot in your avatar! What kind of flower is it? Love the dual color.
Strawflower
Fedco seed coop is an excellent source for heirloom seeds.
They are excellent for drying - they can look like this for years

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Sale going on over at HiFiMan. Some % off coupons as well as discounts on open box gear.

hifiman.png

Top Bottom