• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Studio monitor:
IK Multimedia iLoud MTM

Typically they sell for $350usd/each.
Dropped to $300usd/each earlier today on amazon.com
Cheapest was $270usd/each between Nov 25- Dec 5, 2019.

Adorama and sweetwater is still showing regular price.
Bhphotovideo matched the sale price, until Sep 7.

I would love for Amir to measure this!

Here's the measurements for the cheaper version called iLoud Micro measured by napilopez ealier on.
I expect the iLoud MTM to be even better, of course.View attachment 81388
A bit expensive for my budget but I ordered it. :)

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Canadian Deal Only:
Edifier Speakers and Headphones - Fall sale

Edifier S2000 Pro (powered bluetooth bookshelf speakers). Currently on sale for $400cad. Plus you can apply coupon "AMEX20" for extra 20% off. Bringing total to $336cad. This makes it the cheapest deal ever, beating amazon.ca's lowest price of $350cad.
Link to measurements.
UPDATE: was $299cad on July 1, 2020 (direct from edifier).

Edifier e235 (powered bluetooth bookshelf speakers with sub). Currently on sale for $390cad. Plus you can apply coupon "AMEX20" for extra 20% off. Bringing total to $327cad. This makes it the cheapest deal ever, beating amazon.ca's lowest price of $459cad.

Edifier R2000DB (powered bluetooth bookshelf speakers). Not the best deal. It was on sale for $175cad on amazon.ca in Dec 2019. Avoid this deal and wait for amazon deal again.

Last edited:

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Pair of JBL Control X weather proof speakers for £209.24 using code 'SECRETJBL' on the JBL website (code also applies to other stuff on there)...

"5.25" (130mm) polypropylene graphite-filled cone woofer for deep, powerful bass. High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide provides astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable detail from any location. 1" (25mm) CMMD® Lite tweeter emits crisp, detailed sound"

https://uk.jbl.com/speakers/CONTROL...or=White-GLOBAL-Current&cgid=speakers#start=1

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last 18 hours of a sale on the very strange factory refurbished AKG N90Q Wired Active Over Ear Headphones for $300 in subtle black or ostentatious gold. Originally released in 2015 at $1500, they have DACs, Amps, Tone and Imaging Adjustments as well as auto equalization and Quincy Jones approval built in. The auto equalization is based on the shape of your ears, not your hearing. They come with a lot of stuff including a power bank for recharging, a genuine leather pouch, and a ridiculously huge gold hard case. Mine came with it all and looked new but for the brown shipping box.

I really like mine....but Harman/AKG have a lot of refurbs so my guess is many people don't.

Nemo

Forum Donor

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Studio Monitors in US:
Yamaha HS8
Usually $370usd/ea, now $309usd/each on amazon.com
This is the lowest price in the last year.
It was only lower ($262usd/ea) between Nov28-Dec3, 2019 on amazon.com

Crutchfield, sweetwater, bhphotovideo, adorama still showing regular price of $370usd/ea. I'm guessing they'll match shortly. I guess my deal alert is too quick.

That white looks gorgeous! Lots of reddit posts with them, matching a white theme setup. (r/battlestations for those interested)

Would love for Amir to measure the older brother to the HS5.

Top Bottom