• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With such a random online retailer doing an international order, your odds of a fake are higher and your odds of a return for bad equipment are lower.

Not so random. Don't you like their Meizu HiFi Pro breakdown? https://hifigo.com/blogs/review/meizu-hifi-pro-dac-amplifier-teardown-hifigo

While Hifigo's various reviews, guides, and news posts on their website may not have a ton of substance, they do seem to be trying to prove themselves to be more than a fly by night audio website.

shaneymac

Is this good deal for interesting looking IEMs? https://doubletapaudio.com/products/double-tap-r2-modular-headphones-nickle-plated Price is $35, was $59. You can also find earphones only (without accessories) for $19 (was $35) here: https://doubletapaudio.com/collecti...oducts/double-tap-r2-earphones-only-raw-brass
I found few very good reviews on this earphones: https://www.headpie.net/2019/07/double-tap-audio-r2-earphones-review.html and another here: https://thecontraptionist.blog/2019/04/24/double-tap-r2-temple-of-bullets/

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Warning this site looks very much like a scam website.
Because it is.

USPS doesn't operate out of AnHui, China. So no chance that your items will go with them unless you are shipping to US.

Schiit doesn't operate out of China either. So zero chance of getting heavily discounted gear from them out of China.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First post is a scam website? I did a search on one of the dresses at that site. The image was stolen from Sears then photoshopped to a different color.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
When is a deal not a deal? Read on. I purchased the crossover which came with a money back, free shipping offer. After using it I decided it wasn't helpful, so I called Harman for a return ticket. I was told it would be emailed in 10 minutes. Now, a week later, 3 calls later, and after two Web contacts, I've got nothing to show for it. I finally instituted a credit card dispute asking them not to pay the bill. I'll call Harman a fourth time and see what sort of story I'm told.
Follow up: After two emails and four phone calls I finally received a return authorization. By then I'd contacted my bank to dispute the payment. About one week after I sent off the dbx my account was credited. I want to believe my experience was atypical. However, from now on if I need any Harman pro gear I'm going to Guitar Center or Sweetwater. YMMV.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Follow up: After two emails and four phone calls I finally received a return authorization. By then I'd contacted my bank to dispute the payment. About one week after I sent off the dbx my account was credited. I want to believe my experience was atypical. However, from now on if I need any Harman pro gear I'm going to Guitar Center or Sweetwater. YMMV.
Harman direct sucks. Yes.

Nango

Major Contributor
It's like you want to be ripped off. No-name website without mailing address? Come on, man.
This taken (Nr.4) from their shipping policies, it's ilegal, does not inspire confidence:
Screenshot_20200109-103312.png

ta240

Major Contributor
Lots of Chinese companies do this though.

I realize that a lot of customers ask companies to do that for them and quite a few companies will but to me either a company is honest or it isn't. I'm of the opinion that a company that is willing to lie for you to make a sale will likely also lie to you to make a sale.

I had a boss that wanted us to regularly lie to suppliers for the financial benefit of the company and several of us wouldn't. My thought always was, you want employees to lie for the company's gain but then expect them not to lie to you for personal gain?

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In case anyone is interested in ordering from Hifigo and still has doubts, I ordered a second Meizu HiFi Pro dongle from them this week. I decided I'd rather just have one with each of the headphones I tend to use with my phone.

Shipping label was created within 24 hours. If you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks that there was a problem, you should just assume that I got it

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So does just about every aliexpress seller/sender..

Yeah. I think it's imposing a westernized value system to think that a Chinese company that does will potentially be unethical when it comes to customer service because they under estimate the price of the item. It really seems to me the Chinese vendors feel this is part of giving good customer service.

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The tariff hurts, but I've been paying it. I had a supplier all-but insist that I use a particular payment method and a change in the declared amount in order to avoid or reduce the tariff. My sense was that the company would not have been so upfront had they viewed it as an ethical or legal problem. It may not be -- for them. However, I am required to view it as a legal problem because I can be prosecuted in the U.S.

Top Bottom