• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

gvl

Major Contributor
Last edited:

maxxevv

Major Contributor
The interface would have been way simpler with a simple LCD display.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
You mean the LED meter? I think they are for the retro looks here.

Oh, no not that, I was referring to crazy array of buttons and indicator lights for the user select options.

1097824859.jpg

gvl

Major Contributor
I like physical controls, you can change things without looking at display and you can do it much faster than dealing with a joystick or the like.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I like physical controls, you can change things without looking at display and you can do it much faster than dealing with a joystick or the like.

I do too. I used to design vehicle user interfaces early in my work. Separate buttons are always welcome as they are way easier to access and remember but only up to a certain degree. Once it gets beyond a threshold, it just becomes clutter and confusion for the non-expert user ensues.

In this case, the non-essential ones such as the stamina switch, charging port and LED brightness meter could and should have been placed elsewhere. Maybe even the power switch too.

D700

Anyone know if Benchmark Media does Black Friday offers?

Im looking at a DAC and Amp combo but amp is out of stock with no ETA...wondering if a I should just wait till the holiday. I haven’t seen these discounted anywhere.

DuxServit

Forum Donor

gvl

Major Contributor
I do too. I used to design vehicle user interfaces early in my work. Separate buttons are always welcome as they are way easier to access and remember but only up to a certain degree. Once it gets beyond a threshold, it just becomes clutter and confusion for the non-expert user ensues.

In this case, the non-essential ones such as the stamina switch, charging port and LED brightness meter could and should have been placed elsewhere. Maybe even the power switch too.

I think this is just an artist's rendering and the design is not finalized, they were asking for community feedback, so you have a chance to change it :) I think an LCD screen would add to the cost.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I think this is just an artist's rendering and the design is not finalized, they were asking for community feedback, so you have a chance to change it :) I think an LCD screen would add to the cost.

Its list price is supposed to be US$725. That's way more than decent, competently implemented DAP models from the likes of Fiio and Hiby. And its still just a portable DAC Amp with no published specs of any sort, not even targeted output numbers or battery life.

I have to question that cost factor of a display LCD at this point.

I don't see the buy-in for it even at its current early adopter price.

gvl

Major Contributor
Yeah I know. They are a smaller US shop catering to their loyal customers it seems, so the price is at least explainable from that perspective.

samshaver

Just in case anyone may be interested, Amazon has the Monolith by Monoprice Liquid Platinum Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Alex Cavalli on a deal right now for $615.99
amzn.com/B07K7YSL41

Bamyasi

Topping D70 currently on sale at Apos ($50 off):

https://apos.store/collections/brand-spotlight-topping/products/topping-d70-dac

I've ordered mine last night and it's been shipped today, directly from Shenzhen, China. Should arrive here on Thursday.

Just a word of warning: my D70 unit arrived today and I swapped it for my trusted DX3 Pro. It worked for about two hours straight then it just shut down suddenly. Display went blank and no attempts to revive the unit worked. I am contacting the seller now but at this point I would adise to stay away from this deal. Could be a bad batch, etc.

I will post updates as soon as I have a response from Apos customer support.

Many apologies for promoting what apparently turned out to be not a very reliable offer.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackleford

Just a word of warning: my D70 unit arrived today and I swapped it for my trusted DX3 Pro. It worked for about two hours straight then it just shut down suddenly. Display went blank and no attempts to revive the unit worked. I am contacting the seller now but at this point I would adise to stay away from this deal. Could be a bad batch, etc.

I will post updates as soon as I have a response from Apos customer support.

Many apologies for promoting what apparently turned out to be not a very reliable offer.

Topping quality control strikes again.

Bamyasi

Topping quality control strikes again.
Yeah, they definitely need to audit their manufacturing process and fix what's broken if they want to stay on the market. It's a pity actually, because my D70 sounded awesome, well, while it was still working.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you're looking for an easy and excellent DIY bookshelf speaker project HiVi/Swans through Amazon have discounted the 2 & 3 way speaker kits for the first time with a $30 off coupon.
$30 may not seem like much, but both kits are already much cheaper than DIY speakers of similar quality. For example, Parts Express sells just the raw woofers in the 2 way for $190 a pair, which is the same price as the full kit on Amazon now. There are a lot of buyer reviews on Amazon.

I discuss my own subjective experiences building & listening to the 2-Way on the DIY topic.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some pretty good Amazon prime deals just now, the very good Sennheiser HD 4.50 noise cancelling model for £90, Bose QC20 noise cancelling earbuds for £120, sennheiser HD 599SE for £90 and Beats Solo 3 for £138. Some good offers on smart speakers and other gear too.

gvl

Major Contributor
Sabaj D5 ESS 9038Pro $375.99 on Amazon Prime day deal, 6% back if you pay with your Prime card. Tempting. Looks convincing. @amirm, weren't you getting one?

Top Bottom