• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

MWC

Do these Klipsch PowerGates have the grunt to stream hi-res 2ch music or Mch music at all? So far, I've found that wifi is really iffy for anything better than 2ch redbook.

BillG

Major Contributor
Do these Klipsch PowerGates have the grunt to stream hi-res 2ch music or Mch music at all? So far, I've found that wifi is really iffy for anything better than 2ch redbook.

Its WiFi subsystem can handle up to and including 24/192 just fine via its onboard Play-Fi/DLNA protocol support, as verified by me personally over the course of several days. However, I normally use a Chromecast Audio into its optical input for streaming, as I prefer the simplicity, operation, and compatibility of Google Cast.

As for multichannel audio beyond stereo, I can't say as that's not part of its specification and I've not tested it beyond stereo; I suspect it will downmix it, though, since it only has 2.1 channel output.

If your WiFi is spotty, this might prove to be useful:

https://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/5-things-about-wi

Last edited:

WHO23

Forum Donor
Apogee Groove (New) $200 (normally $300)
Apogee Groove (Factory Refurbished) $150
Apogee Groove 30th Anniversary Edition (Gold/Silver) $300 (normally $600, has slightly better specs)

https://apogeedigital.com/store#hifi-listening
https://www.adorama.com/l/?searchinfo=apogee+groove (New & 30th AE)
https://www.amazon.com/Apogee-GROOV...apogee+groove&qid=1556859823&s=gateway&sr=8-1 (New only)

These are current Drive USB DAC/Amp for high impedance headphones. Do not use them for multiple BA IEMs without iFi IEMatch. Also does not work with iOS devices without external battery connected using usb splitter. The following is the measurement thread by Amirm:
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...asurements-of-apogee-groove-dac-and-amp.5379/

Last edited:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Cheap Add On Speakers for anyone with Play-Fi devices, like the Klipsch Powergate or Paradigm PW/Link PW/Amp. Pioneer Elite F4 Smart speakers are avaliable on eBay for $59 new. No link because I am not familiar with the seller, so search Pioneer F4 on eBay...but others are close to this price.

The F4 originally sold for $200-250 and sounds quite good I think (a LOT better than an Echo, similar to Sonos Play One). It has a mic built in and a lot of, but not all Alexa functionality.** One nice feature is that you can broadcast anything you plug into the Aux Input to other Play-Fi devices. The Powergate does this, but the PW/Link Amps do not.

**For example, your can voice control almost all Alexa smart home devices...but you cannot "broadcast messages" like you can on the real thing. If you start a Spotify stream from Android, you can control play/pause/skip by voice through the F4, but you cannot start a Spotify stream by voice.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
RE: LSiM Polk Speakers - Polk has many LSiM models new on their eBay store for the same sale price...PLUS, the offer page says that if you buy any 4 LSiM front or rear models...they will send you an LSiM 706c Free. This is the larger $600 center channel. So if you need 4 total, a good deal.

Adorama has been selling off this series for a while, and they have some dented models for less on eBay now, depending on condition. But no free center channel.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

scooter

Forum Donor
SVS Outlet

SB-2000 500W RMS Subwoofer for 549$.
If ordered any two or more additional 5% discount with promo code GODUAL19.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazon Lightning Deal. Act quickly if you want this. The Soundcore Model Zero....a high end Bluetooth portable speaker using 4 Scanspeak drivers is on sale for the next few hours for $59 plus tax. Regularly $200. The Amazon Lightning Deal lowers it to $119 and there is a $60 coupon to clip on the page....so $59 plus tax. I purchased it originally at $200 and was not impressed for that....but $60 is great. Note the lightning deals only last a few hours...and sometimes they remove the coupons after it starts...but they were both there for me.

Top Bottom