• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

invaderzim

I know it goes against much of the format of this site but Monoprice has their turntable on special for $160 today with a coupon code. I've heard it has gone for less before but still a pretty sizable discount

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, Monoprice has an excellent sale (for them) on everything today 20% Off with the Coupon Code SURPRISE1, items under $500. What is different is all Monoprice brand items are included. On previous sales most Monolith audio was excluded. NOTE, you can only use the code once per account.

Earlier in the day you could use the code on OpenBox/B-Stock as well. They may have blocked that by now. I picked up one of their very nice looking but not so great sounding 15wpc Tube Hybrid Bluetooth integrated amps - open box for- $33.

D

Deleted member 4360

Topping D50 is back on Massdrop as of now.
Bought one for work to sit on top of my Atom. Waited and waited for JDS to kick out a matching DAC but can't pass this up... I've been bugging John and JDS even asking "this year" and they don't comment. I understand but it's costing them business! I would happily wait as I do like buying great Stateside product such as JDS! Alas, can't wait no mas...

Veri

Master Contributor
Bought one for work to sit on top of my Atom. Waited and waited for JDS to kick out a matching DAC but can't pass this up... I've been bugging John and JDS even asking "this year" and they don't comment. I understand but it's costing them business! I would happily wait as I do like buying great Stateside product such as JDS! Alas, can't wait no mas...
Well I understand they can't push out a new DAC in a short time, the Atom wasn't made in a month :)

D

Deleted member 4360

Well I understand they can't push out a new DAC in a short time, the Atom wasn't made in a month :)
I know I know - but I want I want! They're a great group and produce great stuff. The Atom is such a great little amp... drives my Audeze cans perfectly...

deafenears

Forum Donor
I am in the exact same position - wanted to get a JDS "Atom" matching DAC but ended up pulling the trigger on the D50 instead.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
$20 - Very Cheap Powered Line/Bluetooth Speaker Pair: LyxPro MSW-3 Black.

Specs: 6.3mm Balanced TRS/Stereo RCA, and Bluetooth Inputs, Single Driver, 20w continuous/ 40W peak Class D amps, Bluetooth (see below), wall brackets included. Each speaker is active with its own volume control.

Pricing: Amazon price history shows they originally came out at $140 a pair in Jan. 2018 then dropped to $80-$100 til Oct and were reduced to $20 in January.

Why so Cheap: Bluetooth Connection Pairing Requires you to input a code: 2013 Every negative review I saw on both this and the white version related to this. So, they will not pair with most Bluetooth Transmitters, but will pair with most Phones/computers that allow you to input a passcode. One review says they come pre-paired with each other..but I can find no user guide. Still - Cheap.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, and shipping to France was not available anyway :$
Damn, I would have jumped on the occasion.

Mr. Olinad

What about Topping DX7s back on Massdrop for $360 ?
I already have an D50 but have no balanced amp yet (waiting like forever for the THX 789 to come back)
Really sorry to ask it here but any of you think is there any benefit going from D50 to DX7s if you care only about the DAC?

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The main benefit would be balanced output. And remote control. If you don't need them, stay put with the D50. :)

Does the DX7s now come with a remote control? Or do you mean it is remote-controllable if one gets a remote control?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Does the DX7s now come with a remote control? Or do you mean it is remote-controllable if one gets a remote control?
Correct. You still need to buy the remote.

BillG

Major Contributor
Klipsch PowerGates are still on sale over at Amazon for $150USD - originally $500USD:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-PowerGate-Amplified-Wireless-Gateway/dp/B01N0A7PH5

After living with one for a couple of weeks now, I can say that subjectively it sounds just fine to my ears, and I've noticed no audible distortion even when driven at full volume.

While the Play-Fi app is not up to contemporary UX standards (I'm referring to the Android and Windows versions) it is certainly usable after a brief period of adjustment. I do find it odd that the high resolution streaming option, which allows for content up 24/192, is a paid feature ($15USD) in Windows app, but free in the Android one, though.

By the way, the Play-Fi protocol works like AirPlay in that the stream initiator (one's smart device or computer) is a pass-through to the renderer/end point. This is unlike Google Cast in which the initiator is merely that, and the stream is subsequently handled by the renderer/end point in it itself. So this is something to consider when running it on a smart device, as it will cause some additional battery drain due to the demand (negligible?) placed on its WiFi subsystem.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Klipsch PowerGates are still on sale over at Amazon for $150USD - originally $500USD:

https://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-PowerGate-Amplified-Wireless-Gateway/dp/B01N0A7PH5

After living with one for a couple of weeks now, I can say that subjectively it sounds just fine to my ears, and I've noticed no audible distortion even when driven at full volume.

While the Play-Fi app is not up to contemporary UX standards (I'm referring to the Android and Windows versions) it is certainly usable after a brief period of adjustment. I do find it odd that the high resolution streaming option, which allows for content up 24/192, is a paid feature ($15USD) in Windows app, but free in the Android one, though.

By the way, the Play-Fi protocol works like AirPlay in that the stream initiator (one's smart device or computer) is a pass-through to the renderer/end point. This is unlike Google Cast in which the initiator is merely that, and the stream is subsequently handled by the renderer/end point in it itself. So this is something to consider when running it on a smart device, as it will cause some additional battery drain due to the demand (negligible?) placed on its WiFi subsystem.

What speakers do you use it with?
Did you try the headphones out?

Top Bottom