• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

MacCali

Major Contributor
lol, 135 dB!!

for reference: "When it comes to quantifying the noise level associated with jet engines, experts offer a range: 120 to 140 decibels. "
I don’t think I ever get that loud, I have an spl meter laying around. But at 75 on my marantz my theater room is lit. Personally it sounds better than a movie theater in volume.

*Note my room is a tiny piece of poop lol and was formerly a bedroom but that’s all I got to work with if I want to listen loud

Jasperous

I don’t think I ever get that loud, I have an spl meter laying around. But at 75 on my marantz my theater room is lit. Personally it sounds better than a movie theater in volume.

*Note my room is a tiny piece of poop lol and was formerly a bedroom but that’s all I got to work with if I want to listen loud
Your room is an amazing "the poop" as I would rather go there any any cinema and pay to sit in terrible seats, with someone's cellphone glare in my eyes!! HT >>>> Cinema

MacCali

Major Contributor
Your room is an amazing "the poop" as I would rather go there any any cinema and pay to sit in terrible seats, with someone's cellphone glare in my eyes!! HT >>>> Cinema
Totally agree, just saying it’s small. Which with even a few speakers at lower volume is already loud. But I really enjoy movies at fairly high volumes since it makes the experience more immersive and bass rumble is more intense. Etc etc.

I believe SPL is based on volume too, maybe wrong. But it’s fairly easy to overload my room with just 5 speakers is my point.

Anyway this is the deals thread and I’ll stop posting convo here

Hapo

...thinking hard aboot this one...open box deal...

...$1,732.49 each either glossy or matt...31 or 23 percent off...either way that's $1035 off a pair...

Last edited:

Hapo

...this one too...$594 each...

...they are on sale @ Audio Advice, but you can buy them through Amazon...

21jgdkc8MxL._AC_.jpg
HECO Aurora 1000 3 Way, Dual 8" Floorstanding Speaker
21DLMjbrtiL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
that's what started my serious journey into home theatre-trying to not strangle the girl in front of us with her cellphone brightly shining in our eyes the entire movie.

Not dave

Re etymotics. Hifiheadphones often do reasonable discounts

MacCali

Major Contributor
that's what started my serious journey into home theatre-trying to not strangle the girl in front of us with her cellphone brightly shining in our eyes the entire movie.
Man you should see how these people are now after the pandemic. It’s almost like they got no clue they are at the movies. Talking and all this bs.

Luckily we have a local theater that has seats in two and they have them in a cul de sac fashion surrounded by a wall which is probably 18 inches above the seat. Only thing is it’s pretty pricey since there’s probably a 1/3 of the seats available vs a regular theater

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Man you should see how these people are now after the pandemic. It’s almost like they got no clue they are at the movies. Talking and all this bs.

Luckily we have a local theater that has seats in two and they have them in a cul de sac fashion surrounded by a wall which is probably 18 inches above the seat. Only thing is it’s pretty pricey since there’s probably a 1/3 of the seats available vs a regular theater
And the surround sound suffers? Interesting

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Soundblaster X1 for $49 on Amazon
It's my favorite gaming DAC since it'll output 2.4 volts to an amplifier. Just not great for directly plugging into low ohm planars, since it auto detects, and won't give full power until 150ohm. I use a Topping E50 for music and testing, but the X1 is fun.

Last edited:

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All these are Amazon with free shipping:

Philips Fidelio X2HR $89.99
I've bought these from Phototech before, box might have a dent, but the item is always like brand new.

S.M.S.L M200 AK4497 DAC $215 used very good
It's from Amazon Warehouse, which is pretty rare to get more than the usual 10 percent or so discount.

Topping DX3Pro+ Used like new condition $139
I have one and love it. They have standard antenna also, replaced it with an old WIFI one, and range is even better.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ebay estate sale for headphone collection in Baltimore MD pickup only.

I don't know the seller, and wish I was closer since he's doing local pickup on the auction. It's 29 pairs of headphones and a starting $1850 or best offer. There's some things I don't recognize, looks like someone has been collecting for a while.

Hexspa

Neumann KH 80 $499.00 amazon US. Lowest I saw was in September ‘22 for about $414 but this 9% off isn’t bad. https://amzn.to/3Y6sdGp Sorry crappy screenshot

Attachments

• 88D8AFA9-6353-4DFF-B2F4-EDD9D3A525F4.png
    88D8AFA9-6353-4DFF-B2F4-EDD9D3A525F4.png
    683.4 KB · Views: 57

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anthem offering 15% off their MRX and AVM line receivers and pre-pros in Canada and US until March 15th.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
DIY Kit
HiVi 2.2a
The 3 way HiVi Kit was reviewed here, I am not sure how this 2-way fairs. The kit is very complete, you will not to buy any parts except wood glue & whatever you finish it with be it paint, veneer or other choice. (or just use the included black vinyl.)

There is no waveguide and the design is not SOTA. It is a simple design likley, best for the entry level hobbiest who want sto get their DIY feet wet for low $$.
Skill wise this is probabily a good entry point into DIY for most people.
There are some easier kits with completed enclosures but for the most part this should be fairly easy within the context of doing a DIY speaker.

Not on sale all that often
20% off @ $191.99 ----> you must be a prime memeber for the sale price

Last edited:

nsfgp

DIY Kit
HiVi 2.2a
The 3 way HiVi Kit was reviewed here, I am not sure how this 2-way fairs. The kit is very complete, you will not to buy any parts except wood glue & whatever you finish it with be it paint, veneer or other choice. (or just use the included black vinyl.)

There is no waveguide and the design is not SOTA. It is a simple design likley, best for the entry level hobbiest who want sto get their DIY feet wet for low $$.
Skill wise this is probabily a good entry point into DIY for most people.
There are some easier kits with completed enclosures but for the most part this should be fairly easy within the context of doing a DIY speaker.

Not on sale all that often
20% off @ $191.99 ----> you must be a prime memeber for the sale price
A recent build log from Skunkie on YT FYI. The beveled/non-perpendicular edge joint may be a little trickier for clamping.

Top Bottom