• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I guess is it effective might be a better question.
That's what I meant. Does not seem to have any useful properties for music/audio environments.

Kollin

Does not seem to have any useful properties for music/audio environments.
Depends on the situation and the task that you put in front of such a panel.
In the photo, one of the rooms in which the speakers are placed very unsuccessfully, but there is no other place to install them. The foam rubber that I put for the test removes the resonances that are observed without it. In this case, panels can come in handy as a tool that does not disfigure the overall look.
Sorry for bad English.
IMG20220919152205.jpg

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
The foam rubber that I put for the test removes the resonances that are observed without it.
Really? Do you have measurements and full description of the situation? (Your foam rubber pad looks to be many times thicker than the subject device.)

BTW, your test reminds me of the time that a manufacturer of a sophisticated room EQ/DSP visited me and urged me to push my speakers into the corners of the room. I replied that they sounded good where they are and he responded by agreeing and adding that only then would I be able to appreciate how effective his device can be.

You are right. That's not a good place for the speaker.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Adorama has the Hifiman He6se for $449 with free shipping. If you log in and add it to the shopping cart, and login to Capital One and use their discount link it's another 4 percent off and extends warranty for a year if you have their card.

Just ordered one of them and can't wait to compare it to the Arya coming in tommorow and HE-560 arriving Saturday. Will post a pic of them all in a row.
Also forgot, Hart Cables has 20 percent off everything until the end of September with coupon code HAC3YEAR

Last edited:

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Syng Cell Alpha 20% off coupon​

code: SYNGSET20

Pretty pricey speakers, but they have built in room correction, and an interesting design.

aerochrome2

Forum Donor
Does anyone know of a UK based site that ships to the US? With the exchange rate, it seems like getting the KEF LS50 Meta for 1,000 pounds is an easy way to save at least 300 dollars (or more depending on shipping costs).

MCH

Major Contributor
Does anyone know of a UK based site that ships to the US? With the exchange rate, it seems like getting the KEF LS50 Meta for 1,000 pounds is an easy way to save at least 300 dollars (or more depending on shipping costs).
Can be found cheaper than that in europe once you substract vat. If they ship to US, no idea, and won't be cheap, the box is bulky...
Example ca.1000$ (there are others):

Last edited:

aerochrome2

Forum Donor

aerochrome2

Forum Donor
A few years ago I ordered a pair of ATC floor standers from the UK. Saved even with shipping cost. The only issues was the state of Connecticut looking for sales tax payment a year later :mad: Audio Affair
Thanks, they won't ship the LS50 Meta to the US because of an agreement with KEF. I may run into that with others I would think.

Reactions: MCH

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just got one these in and they work great (tested with a Topping A90 and Hifiman Arya). It's the Sabaj A20d balanced DAC for $169 on Amazon:

Most rock bottom price on a 9038Pro I've seen for new condition. You can disable MQA by doing any equalizing, or just turning the volume down a notch (not Windows volume, in the media player).

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is a good deal. I have the normal black version and it's a solid performer. I got it on a sale last year on the Monoprice website for 499.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hart Cables has 20 percent off everything until the end of the week with code HAC3YEAR

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Monolith by Monoprice M8125x 8x100 Watts Per Channel Class-D Multi-Channel Home Theater Power Amplifier with XLR Inputs Hypex NC252MP
$1,699.00

Monolith by Monoprice M8250x 8x200 Watts Per Channel Class-D Multi-Channel Home Theater Power Amplifier with XLR Inputs Hypex NC502MP
$2,149.99

Top Bottom