• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the background. If we go by his 0.005% distortion spec, it would garner a SINAD of 85. That is 30 dB worse than our best amps. Who would re-buy it from me if I purchased it and got the same measurement?

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Very good price on a pair of Blue Aura WS80i Bi-Amped Wireless Bookshelf Monitors with Wireless Transmitter: $55 Shipped Amazon (USA). Black or White.
Listing says $99 but there is an automatic 45% discount shown at checkout.

DO NOT BUY until you research...they are not Bluetooth and are incompatible with any other wireless system, and have ONLY wireless input.

That said...I have owned a couple of pairs for several years and they sound (and look) great. Originally $400-$600 pr. they have dropped gradually but never below $100. Includes the Wireless remote, and the donut shaped transmitter using STS Technologies Digital 2.4 GHz (48K sampling) wireless transmission. DAC and two (28w & 18 w Class D) Amps in each speaker. Each speaker plugs only into the AC. No input on the back of the speaker.

The transmitter accepts a USB Windows input to play computer audio, and also a 3.5mm stereo analog input. Choice of three 2.4 GHz channels.

Let me know if you have questions on how they work.

If you can use something like this its a very nice deal, if you can't they will sit in the garage.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Massdrop has the originally $450 SMSL M9 DAC for $140.

The M9 features dual 4490 DAC Chips, a color screen, a low powered but balanced headphone output, and, odd for SMSL, virtually no reviews.

I can find no professional reviews and very few owner comments.

Veri

Master Contributor

The M9 features dual 4490 DAC Chips, a color screen, a low powered but balanced headphone output, and, odd for SMSL, virtually no reviews.

An actual bargain on massdrop! Here's one semi-detailed review on amazon that speaks of very occasional clicking that has to do with buffer problems as a possible problem.

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Wow, this looks like a great deal. It almost makes me suspicious :cool:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There has been recent discussion here on the lack of CHEAP small form factor class A/B speaker amps. I own one I can recommend: the Xtrempro 11111 22w Class AB Amp at $99 on Amazon and NewEgg.

$99 is the normal price, but I rate it a bargain because I believe it is a close clone of the $200 Audioengine N22 EXCEPT that the Xtrempro has a built in Coax/Toslink DAC the N22 does not have. When I purchased it in March there were no reviews...and almost no specs anywhere. The fact that it was class A/B, weighed a lot, and appeared from the back nearly identical to the N22 was worth a try. The 6 Amazon reviewers that followed seem impressed.

I took mine apart and can confirm that like the N22 it uses a OPA2134 Op-Amp and TDA7265 analog amp chip. The DAC is a 24 bit AK4324VF with a Wolfson WM8804G. I have not been able to find an open N22 to compare..so I cannot confirm they are identical, but I believe they were made in the same factory. I left a more complete review on the Amazon listing.

I sounds great. There is a medium pop when it is turned on, that is the only negative performance issue I have noticed. Drives some medium efficiency bookshelf speakers fine in my apartment living room. I see that the Xtrempro X1 DAC measures great and has gotten positive feedback on the Speaka DAC thread, and I thnk this is a similar value.

Veri

Master Contributor

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I see that Massdrop have an offer on the Shanling M3s DAP. I bought one of these in a clearance offer a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. Nicely made and the SE output has enough oomph to drive all of my headphones to loud volumes. In terms of SQ it sounds transparent enough to me. If you want a DAP this is a nice one and I really can't see the point of spending more.

Top Bottom