• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Not a Klipsch fan, but this $1200.00 bundle would cost me over $4k in Canada. The link looks like that because they won't ship this to me in Canada.

That is shipped by Adorama. Adorama.com is a big supplier in the USA. They do ship to Canada but maybe Klipsch won't let them. I'd try Adorama.com instaed of Amazon 3rd party.
If you want Klipsch stuff and are willing to use slickdeals.net and search for Klipsch you will see many deals available some of which the pricing only works if you follow the slickdeals.net link to adorama.com as they partner sometime.
Some really really really good prices.
But again I don't know if Klipsch bans exports as they sometimes want each country to have a specific sales relationship.

AlexanderM

That is shipped by Adorama. Adorama.com is a big supplier in the USA. They do ship to Canada but maybe Klipsch won't let them. I'd try Adorama.com instaed of Amazon 3rd party.
If you want Klipsch stuff and are willing to use slickdeals.net and search for Klipsch you will see many deals available some of which the pricing only works if you follow the slickdeals.net link to adorama.com as they partner sometime.
Some really really really good prices.
But again I don't know if Klipsch bans exports as they sometimes want each country to have a specific sales relationship.
Thanks. Not really interested in Klipsch myself, just thought that looked like quite the bundle for the price, so if someone was interested. I was actually looking for Dali bundles and that came up.

AlexanderM

A lot of garbage is still garbage, though.
I pretty much think the same way, except that Amir in this review did say that with EQ it became a beauty and a good offering, so I do think about that sometimes. That said I don't plan on buying Klipsch, but it's still quite the bundle. And I realize those aren't the speakers in the bundle, just saying.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I pretty much think the same way, except that Amir in this review did say that with EQ it became a beauty and a good offering, so I do think about that sometimes. That said I don't plan on buying Klipsch, but it's still quite the bundle. And I realize those aren't the speakers in the bundle, just saying.

Some individual pieces are good, but this is a huge set that means you're getting a real mix. You gonna have 4 different EQs? Good luck. No thanks. It's hard enough to get a flat sub and two flat speakers to integrate well with minidsp and dirac, let alone something more complex and ten times messier.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Not a Klipsch fan, but this $1200.00 bundle would cost me over $4k in Canada. The link looks like that because they won't ship this to me in Canada.

Very sure there are "postal forwarders" to forward your items to Canada. I use a local registered company to ship similarly "geo-locked" products on offer out of the US too.
Do a search, pretty sure you'll find one.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some individual pieces are good, but this is a huge set that means you're getting a real mix. You gonna have 4 different EQs? Good luck. No thanks. It's hard enough to get a flat sub and two flat speakers to integrate well with minidsp and dirac, let alone something more complex and ten times messier.

That's why many AVRs are equipped with automatic EQ systems like DIRAC, MCACC, YPAO, MRAC, and Audyssey. I have a 7.0.2 surround system with Klispch Reference speakers that MCACC has sounding fantastic.

For my stereo system I use SOX, of course it is only two full range speakers. No subs to integrate.

Martin

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Adorama has the Hifiman HE560 V4 for $199, free shipping. Use this link

I was gonna say, that's it's a pity that Oratory has not measured this one, but Amir has measured it:
It's not bad, distortion is quite low, and frequency response is ok and EQ'able. It's certainly the right time to buy it when it's on sale, as I'd expect distortion to be lower for that fairly high price, but the good thing is it doesn't need quite as much bass boost, unlike the cheaper Hifimans, which plays positively into the distortion figures for the HE560. Channel matching is good in Amir's review so that's a significant positive, and better than the HE4XX that I measured on my miniDSP EARS, in terms of channel matching - which you'd kind of expect (hopefully) from a more expensive headphone.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was gonna say, that's it's a pity that Oratory has not measured this one, but Amir has measured it:
It's not bad, distortion is quite low, and frequency response is ok and EQ'able. It's certainly the right time to buy it when it's on sale, as I'd expect distortion to be lower for that fairly high price, but the good thing is it doesn't need quite as much bass boost, unlike the cheaper Hifimans, which plays positively into the distortion figures for the HE560. Channel matching is good in Amir's review so that's a significant positive, and better than the HE4XX that I measured on my miniDSP EARS, in terms of channel matching - which you'd kind of expect (hopefully) from a more expensive headphone.

I can confirm that it also sounds great with a lot of bass boost for anyone that wants to turn it into a "fun" headphone sound. Very clean due to how inaudible the bass distortion was that Amir measured. Just needs a good amp for the bass boost given its low sensitivity.

As far as that retail price, that's based upon the original release. It was released a long time ago. So definitely no one should buy at or close to full retail.

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Good price on the Dali Opticon 5 at Upscale Audio right now, probably sold out soon:

Edit: This is a model Dali has discontinued. They are on to the next generation of the Opticon series.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I can confirm that it also sounds great with a lot of bass boost for anyone that wants to turn it into a "fun" headphone sound. Very clean due to how inaudible the bass distortion was that Amir measured. Just needs a good amp for the bass boost given its low sensitivity.

As far as that retail price, that's based upon the original release. It was released a long time ago. So definitely no one should buy at or close to full retail.
What's it's regular current going price?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hifiman has it open box for $229. Not sure what they had been previously listing it as.

But several years ago, the V3 were commonly available for a lot less than that retail price.
That's still good that deal you posted though, $199 for new (not open box), I'll post it up in addition to yours earlier as we've had a few conversation posts to take away the emphasis from it:

fieldcar

cavedriver

I see SVS has their SUBs on sale on their site as open box item and scratch and dents, but is there a better place to find SVS on sale, or does SVS sometimes do significant sales on their products?

Top Bottom