• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm intrigued by your assessment of the tweeter. The high end of my presumably similar A170s is so much cleaner than anything I've had in the same room I wonder what I should be listening for. Until the 180s are measured here, I'm relying on John Atkinson's measurements of the A170 in Stereophile.
If it's anything like the A130, which uses the same tweeter, the tweeter's distortion should be below 1% up to 96dB. Though, the tweeter's crossover point on the floor-standers is 2.2KHz instead of 3.2KHz. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're unreasonably expecting JBL M2 levels of output from the budget friendly aluminum HF driver. I think the only prominent flaws in these JBL Stage speakers is the mild 3-4dB boost at the crossover point and the general brightness. Both of which can be easily corrected with room correction/DSP. I'm impressed considering the amazing sale price.

Back on topic. This is a deals thread after all.

I can occasionally get the A190's to add to my cart for $124.99/EA on harmanaudio.com, but the wife has already told me no large speakers in the living room. AHHH! :(

What has the A170 been going for?

Kachda

Forum Donor
Mine shipped, if Amir is down I’ll send the 190s since I got the 170’s too now. Actually don’t even need either, as I already have way too many speakers.

Question though, does a larger cabinet reduce resonance? Assuming the 190 is in a larger box than the 170.

On stereo file it shows a resonance on the upper triable in the waterfall chart.
My order shipped too, got the a120p for 149! I was almost certain it’sa prices mistake because when I try to add it to cart most times i see 449

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

MacCali

Major Contributor
If it's anything like the A130, which uses the same tweeter, the tweeter's distortion should be below 1% up to 96dB. Though, the tweeter's crossover point on the floor-standers is 2.2KHz instead of 3.2KHz. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're unreasonably expecting JBL M2 levels of output from the budget friendly aluminum HF driver. I think the only prominent flaws in these JBL Stage speakers is the mild 3-4dB boost at the crossover point and the general brightness. Both of which can be easily corrected with room correction/DSP. I'm impressed considering the amazing sale price.

I can occasionally get the A190's to add to my cart for $124.99/EA on harmanaudio.com, but the wife has already told me no large speakers in the living room. AHHH! :(

What has the A170 been going for?

MacCali

Major Contributor
MP-T65RT Tower Home Theater Speakers (Pair) on monoprice are $109

cavedriver

Sorry to keep this going, next post will be started in the speaker subject area.

I think your comment about the crossover point is very important. Dennis tells me the distortion he's observing is at the low end of the tweeter's range on the A180, which matches my perception of it, but that could also explain why the A130 reviewers were so happy. More testing by Amir, Dennis, and possibly others will hopefully clarify this.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Last edited:

RMW_NJ

Hsu Research VTF-2 MK5 Subwoofer $649 + $100 shipping.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
KLH Model 5
Retro design, well reviewed subjectively. Maybe someone wants to bite for an ASR submission.

Like many Adorama deals you likely need to link through the Slickdeals link (they partner a lot)
$799 each so $1598 a pair vs $2500 elsewhere.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speakers on sale at Harman audio ... JBL 590 @ $399 again.

RichT

Speakers on sale at Harman audio ... JBL 590 @ $399 again.
Yes fantastic, I got the 580's a while back for the living room and they are fantastic. I just bought the 530's for the bedroom, nice

Shanman

Forum Donor
KLH Model 5
Retro design, well reviewed subjectively. Maybe someone wants to bite for an ASR submission.

Like many Adorama deals you likely need to link through the Slickdeals link (they partner a lot)
$799 each so $1598 a pair vs $2500 elsewhere.

^^That's a smoking deal^^
GR Research seemed to think highly of them, basically saying they were impressive as is. Usually he mods the crap out of every speaker sent in by customers.

earlevel

Someone might like this—sale till midnight Pacific Time at Musician's Friend, you need to put it in your cart to see the full discount:

AKG K371 headphones $99

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 5.34.53 PM.png

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Apos sale:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220531-161107_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220531-161107_Firefox.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 119
Top Bottom