• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Robbo99999 and others, I got um and they are fantastic. I hit the -2dB HF Trim Switch and that sounds great. I'm going to try some of the parametric settings too. It's a new world for me, wish me luck. Thanks you guys, regards
Excellent! Make sure if you try my parametric EQ's, make sure you don't run the HF Trim Switch at -2dB, this is because the parametric EQ is already doing what the HF Trim Switch does (& more), the parametric EQ is based on the HF Trim Switch being at 0dB.

Dzhaughn

These are used, and now $1605. The woot deal above is new with a 2 year KEF warranty.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
These are used, and now $1605. The woot deal above is new with a 2 year KEF warranty.
No, the deal for the R3 was new. It was only alive for 1 day though.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning

LaL

Hifiman Edition XS are on sale in Europe right now for £346 / €408
$350+30shipping+U.S.state sales tax

https://Amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09PH1N67T

XS.jpg

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor

BlackTalon

Forum Donor
B&H has the Audiolab 6000N pretty deeply discounted ($399 vs $699). Makes it a lower-priced option than a BlueSound Node (and no MQA for those who won't buy anything with that capability).

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
The Dali deal in that link has dropped to $500 a pair now, a killer deal. If only their bass extension dropped below 60 Hz. Fine for fronts with a sub for movie speakers, but not enough range for desktop full rangers. Sigh. Great quality though.
If it makes you feel better that speaker was never, ever $1197. Never.
It was $799 a pair everywhere. I believe that was msrp as well.
Have no idea where they get $1197.

AlexanderM

If it makes you feel better that speaker was never, ever $1197. Never.
It was $799 a pair everywhere. I believe that was msrp as well.
Have no idea where they get $1197.
Crutchfield does have the MKII for $1099.00

In Canada they are $1499.00, for the MKII.

cavedriver

That’s how they hype the sale @cavedriver

Seen it a few times
Edit: OOPS- I did test the Oberon, not the Opticon. I stand by my original comment- the Opticon for $500 is a solid good price. That said I would personally still find something with more bass extension even on a bookshelf speaker.

Original text:
(Yeah, I went back and checked and I actually demo'd the Oberon 1 in a 7-way test two years ago. At the time they were $600 a pair on ordinary Amazon, not even a sale. For some reason I thought I had demo'd the model below, but that was the Monitor Audio's, where I demo'd the Bronze's when I wished I had been able to demo the Silvers or Golds that I had heard briefly in London. So I've actually heard this speaker and at $600 decided against it. I must admit, then, that I don't think $500 is that killer of a bargain but it is a solid price. I would like to hear their towers from their more expensive series though, just not at US prices when I know they are significantly cheaper in Europe.)

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
Edit: OOPS- I did test the Oberon, not the Opticon. I stand by my original comment- the Opticon for $500 is a solid good price. That said I would personally still find something with more bass extension even on a bookshelf speaker.

Original text:
(Yeah, I went back and checked and I actually demo'd the Oberon 1 in a 7-way test two years ago. At the time they were $600 a pair on ordinary Amazon, not even a sale. For some reason I thought I had demo'd the model below, but that was the Monitor Audio's, where I demo'd the Bronze's when I wished I had been able to demo the Silvers or Golds that I had heard briefly in London. So I've actually heard this speaker and at $600 decided against it. I must admit, then, that I don't think $500 is that killer of a bargain but it is a solid price. I would like to hear their towers from their more expensive series though, just not at US prices when I know they are significantly cheaper in Europe.)
I can agree, definitely if it's cheaper. Just saying as I have always done a lot of browsing, I even see them doing this with open box items and put an original msrp but the item itself sells for very close to the open box price else where or everywhere.

Any savings is savings, that's why we love this thread :)

cavedriver

The deal on the Harman website on the JBL A180 and A180 speakers is REALLY weird. I had trouble getting the $99 price the first day on the 180's - it was there one minute, then not there the next, then the deal worked later that night. Two days later the 180's arrived and I saw the 190's were available for 125. That night the deal was still available. The next morning and all day the deal was gone, despite clearing cookies, etc. Now, in the evening the deal is back again. It's like every night the deal pops up but during the day it doesn't work. Anyway now I'll have both on hand for testing and, joy, free returns.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom