• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Phoney

Last edited:

Colonel7

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm sorry, but how did that thing cost $469 to begin with? You can get transparent amps with that kind of power or more, for $100.. A30 Pro is $349, and A90 Pro is $499, both just way better. Even at $299, there's better stuff at a cheaper price. Maybe I'm missing something.
You're correct as far as it goes on price and the inaudibility race. His builds are engineered and constructed like tanks and are more of a decade product. He also sources and uses Canadian labor so those costs are higher.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure if this is a good price but...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-133321_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-133321_Firefox.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 233

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn't this the speaker @amirm reviewed?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220501-133555_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20220501-133555_Firefox.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 161

rolloj

For those interested in the AKG K361 headphone, Amazon has it for $86.50.
3rd party seller, but free shipping and free returns. Usually goes for about 102.00 and up on other sites.

Brick

Forum Donor
This... It is a valid red flag of 0% positive - lets see how it shakes out.
I just wanted to follow up on this even though prolly everyone knows how my purchase turned out for completeness/be thorough in the experience of this purchase.

1. The vendor fell through
2. Newegg was excellent in providing the refund very promptly

I guess the old saying was true for this case... If it is too good to be true, be prepared for it not to be. I am grateful for the cautionary posts to me about this - I tend to learn the hard way(Newegg was solid in backing the listing tho) instead of listening to folks. I will be more cautious in posting deals in the future.

My apologies to anyone who tried this and had a similar experience, I feel bad if anyone did - sorry again.

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Today only—Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour (available till midnight Pacific Time). You need to put the item in your cart to see the fully discounted price.

JBL 308P MKII 8" Powered Studio Monitor (each) $149

Gator Frameworks Clamp-On Studio Monitor Stand (pair) $49.99

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 10.21.14 AM.png

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Today only—Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Hour (available till midnight Pacific Time). You need to put the item in your cart to see the fully discounted price.

JBL 308P MKII 8" Powered Studio Monitor (each) $149

Gator Frameworks Clamp-On Studio Monitor Stand (pair) $49.99

View attachment 204943
Wow, nice deal on the 308p!

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought those JBL 308P's, wow what a deal! Thanks you guys, regards Richard
Make sure you flip the HF Trim Switch to -2dB if you're not gonna be using parametric EQ - that gives it a flatter on-axis & flatter listening window. If you're gonna use parametric EQ then you could try out the Anechoic EQ I created for them using Amir's spinorama measurement, there's a link to my parametric EQ in the following post:

RichT

Make sure you flip the HF Trim Switch to -2dB if you're not gonna be using parametric EQ - that gives it a flatter on-axis & flatter listening window. If you're gonna use parametric EQ then you could try out the Anechoic EQ I created for them using Amir's spinorama measurement, there's a link to my parametric EQ in the following post:
Fantastic, I'm so excited to try powered speakers (and I know this one is fantastic). Thank you so much for this great config info. I will really enjoy using it. You're the best, regards

AlexanderM

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Reactions: fun

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Adorama has the Hifiman HE6SE for $489 on their eBay store. They often times have even better prices there than the email signup link which has them listed in different conditions. The only thing is the ebay one is listed in used which might mean anything if it works since stock photos. On their web site you can pick the condition. Still, if you have an eBay credit card for points, or tax reseller certificate on file with either it might be a better deal depending... I used to have an HE560 and might get an open box one they have for $209. Long ago I didn't have that good of an amplifier, the SMSL SP200 and Topping D10b can do much better, probably handle the HE6SE as well, but have to see.

RichT

Hello Robbo99999 and others, I got um and they are fantastic. I hit the -2dB HF Trim Switch and that sounds great. I'm going to try some of the parametric settings too. It's a new world for me, wish me luck. Thanks you guys, regards

Top Bottom