• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

derp1n

What the fuck is a JOB 225?

JJB70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What's the story with Mitchell & Johnson headphones? They're pretty much given them away on Massdrop, are they rubbish, have they gone bankrupt or just desperate to get rid of the things any way they can?

Veri

Here's something interesting. $99 balanced tube amp with single-ended/balanced inputs and single-ended/balanced outputs.
-$15.00 off via a coupon you can clip into when ordering. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H5JLD2Q/

Image of the insides from one of the reviews:

Wima caps? NJW1195 digital volume control?? Doesn't look too bad! Consider me interested

Attachments

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Here's something interesting. $99 balanced tube amp with single-ended/balanced inputs and single-ended/balanced outputs.
-$15.00 off via a coupon you can clip into when ordering. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H5JLD2Q/
OK, I ordered it but I didn't think the purpose of this thread was to talk me into more stuffy to buy. :)

Veri

OK, I ordered it but I didn't think the purpose of this thread was to talk me into more stuffy to buy. :)
So sorry amir :) I was baited and bought one as a gift for a friend as well so don't feel too bad, it simply seems like a great offer.

If SMSL stands behind this brand I'm sure it will be OK, at least better than the CTH :D:D

PS many other deals will start popping up with Black Friday soon! Prepare your wallet and self-control lol

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh boo hoo. Welcome to the "Club of what ASR has done to our wallets". Wait. That's right. You're the founder!! :):)
I hear you. :) The problem is that you all buy what I say is good. I get stuck with stuff that measures bad!

JBL arena 120's $89 a pair delivered . just got a pair for my desktop and i'm happy for the price . but i do want to build a pair of 2 ways with ribbon tweeters in the spring or so . they also have the matching arena sub for $99 delivered and the 120's bigger brother the 130 for $99 a pair .

https://www.jbl.com/singles-day-sale/

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
JBL arena 120's $89 a pair delivered . just got a pair for my desktop and i'm happy for the price . but i do want to build a pair of 2 ways with ribbon tweeters in the spring or so . they also have the matching arena sub for $99 delivered and the 120's bigger brother the 130 for $99 a pair .

https://www.jbl.com/singles-day-sale/
Very nice deal. Alas it seems it was limited number as it says it is sold out and can't be ordered at that price.

just went to look , says the 120's are available and the 100p sub also , but the 130s are sold out . 130s seem to be the better speaker but would be too big/deep for my desktop . the 120's are only 4 1/2 inches thick/deep but do need a sub .... and i'm using a velodyne sub with them

hvbias

180 are still available. JBL are so proud to market them as "inspired by JBL's legendary M2 monitor" how about providing some polars?