• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Beave

Experts - This is not a deal, but the opposite of it. However, this seems like a thread where I can ask this question - Why would someone bid USD 2000 on a used pair of Senn HD 58X Jubilee headphones? Am I missing something?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Massdrop-S...525093&hash=item5db3886dfc:g:SOsAAOSw6l9eUoHe
Notice that the two bidders going back and forth each have ZERO feedback, ie, neither has bought nor sold anything on eBay.

There could be all sorts of things going on, but I can almost guarantee that the 'winning' bidder won't actually pay for the headphones.

raistlin65

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Notice that the two bidders going back and forth each have ZERO feedback, ie, neither has bought nor sold anything on eBay.

There could be all sorts of things going on, but I can almost guarantee that the 'winning' bidder won't actually pay for the headphones.
I wish I knew how to easily make a fake, untraceable ebay account. Then we could all create one and run the bidding up to $100K :D

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #1,326
Would love for Amir to measure the older brother to the HS5.
I turned my HS5 in and upgraded to HS8. I just have to have time to test it. :)

BillH

Forum Donor
I turned my HS5 in and upgraded to HS8. I just have to have time to test it. :)
what happened to the project to clone yourself? This is taking much too long!;)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #1,328
The lab changed its mind and decided to clone more sheep instead.....

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thread Starter #1,329
And oh, that is a nice flower shot in your avatar! What kind of flower is it? Love the dual color.

BillH

Forum Donor
And oh, that is a nice flower shot in your avatar! What kind of flower is it? Love the dual color.
Strawflower
Fedco seed coop is an excellent source for heirloom seeds.
They are excellent for drying - they can look like this for years

RickSanchez

Anybody has experience with Hifiman open box? Are they worth the risk?
I bought a pair of open box HE400i's from the HiFiMan store about a year ago. Pristine condition and they've worked flawlessly, but YMMV. That said the open box cans don't get the standard 1-year replacement warranty that HiFiMan offers for new headphones.

GGroch

Forum Donor
Buydig in the U.S. has refurbished Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT Over Ear Closed Bluetooth Headphones with Direct Digital Drive for $59 shipped. Not ANC, these are audio quality focused, released in 2017 at $300. Aptx and Aptx HD, digital amp built in, they can play from BT or the included USB A cable from Windows computers (perhaps Apple too, I have not tried that). Lots of reviews out there. They are a bit bright (which is good for old men like me), but comfortable and very detailed.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Top Bottom