• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning

sweetchaos

Forum Donor
Studio Monitors in US:
Yamaha HS8
Usually $370usd/ea, now $309usd/each on amazon.com
This is the lowest price in the last year.
It was only lower ($262usd/ea) between Nov28-Dec3, 2019 on amazon.com

Crutchfield, sweetwater, bhphotovideo, adorama still showing regular price of $370usd/ea. I'm guessing they'll match shortly. I guess my deal alert is too quick.

That white looks gorgeous! Lots of reddit posts with them, matching a white theme setup. (r/battlestations for those interested)

Would love for Amir to measure the older brother to the HS5.

raistlin65

Forum Donor
:) So, I wasn't seeing things. But what's the deal here, I was thinking. It beats me.
Maybe accidentally put an extra zero in and didn't know how to withdraw the bid?

Or someone's girlfriend is pissed off and logged in with their Ebay account and made the bid. lol

Veri

Major Contributor
I think it's more sketchy than that. Ebayer with barely any rep, suspicious bids. Since bids can be retracted this is probably some kind of scam luring people into thinking it's worth much more than it really is? I have no other explanation :eek:

Martin

Forum Donor

PSO

Forum Donor
raistlin65 - 3 to 4 people are increasing the bids. Possibly, a group of girlfriends :).

Martin - On Drop it is $170. Even $193 is overpriced (probably for quicker delivery since Drop more time). It seems suspicious.

Attachments

beefkabob

Forum Donor
You have a ton of stolen credit cards. You buy stuff from yourself with them for inflated prices. Several fake accounts can make bidding look legitimate.

Or you have cash and want it in the bank. You buy gift cards and then buy stuff from yourself.

Top Bottom