• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Studio Monitors:
amazon.com, bhphotovideo.com, sweetwater.com (and a few others) dropped pricing for JBL studio monitors:

- JBL 305P MKII on sale $129usd/each (dropped from $150usd/each)
- JBL 306P MKII on sale $159usd/each (dropped from $200usd/each)
- JBL 308P MKII on sale $199usd/each (dropped from $250usd/each)

While these are not the lowest prices ever, it's a decent drop and might be worth it for someone who was waiting for a deal.

LearningToSmile

SVS started their "Labor Day" sale:
https://www.svsound.com/collections/outlet-specials

Note, you won't find every single model on the link above, so search the website for an item you want. Here's a few more links:
- SB12-NSD ($399)
- PB-1000 ($399)

If you buy 2, use discount "GoDual20" for extra 5% off.
Man, I'm jealous as usual of the US deals. Huge deal for the 4000 series, SB-4000 for the price of SB-3000.

Interesting they still have some SB12-NSD kicking around the warehouse.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Studio Monitors:
amazon.com, bhphotovideo.com, sweetwater.com (and a few others) dropped pricing for JBL studio monitors:

- JBL 305P MKII on sale $129usd/each (dropped from $150usd/each)
- JBL 308P MKII on sale $199usd/each (dropped from $250usd/each)

While these are not the lowest prices ever, it's a decent drop and might be worth it for someone who was waiting for a deal.

That's a decent discount, though still far and away from what was listed last year for the 306P. It was US$172 / PAIR ! Though I strongly believe it was a listing error even though me and a few members here did receive our orders.

The US$199 for the 308P is a very good price.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where would you guys recommend buying a projector and screen? I'm thinking Epson LS500 UST right now.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
That's a decent discount, though still far and away from what was listed last year for the 306P. It was US$172 / PAIR ! Though I strongly believe it was a listing error even though me and a few members here did receive our orders.

That was a good one...i think it came with a couple of XLR cables too! Haven't seen that deal since.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
That was a good one...i think it came with a couple of XLR cables too! Haven't seen that deal since.

Yes, it came with 2 pieces of 10 feet XLR cables. And some souvenir microfibre cloth from Adorama.

Neither have I. Some friends have been asking how in the world I got that price and if I do see it again to inform them pronto! :p

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Studio Monitors:

Dropped over at Adorama just to have a peek, they have the same price but includes a set of 3 foot XLR cables when you buy them as a pair. About US$10~15 total worth as freebies. Decently made cables actually.

https://www.adorama.com/jb306pmkiia.html

To add, they have corresponding deals for the 305p and 308p as well, except that those are listed with 20 foot XLR cables instead !!!

Last edited:

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

zelig

Forum Donor
I believe this is the old socket, so it won't work in future motherboards. FYI. Great if you want to upgrade what you already have, but not great for building a whole new system.
And why no hyperthreading? Until I saw this I thought all i7's had HT.

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Since the 10th gen intel came out, 9th gen intel will get cheaper. It is wise to get last gen CPU if you don't really need the latest best performance. No hyper threading is not a big deal, 8 core 8 thread is still better than 6 core 12 thread, core is the only thing doing the work.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
And why no hyperthreading? Until I saw this I thought all i7's had HT.
The i9 9900k (8 cores 16 threads) is basically the hyperthreaded version of the 9700k, but you will pay almost $100 for those extra threads.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hyperthreading can make a big performance improvement. It uses the processor far more efficiently. Since so much is multithreaded, that matters. That said, there's a performance per dollar measure to take. There are other things on the new chipsets you might like. I'd only get this if you're upgrading the processor only. If buying new, get the newest stuff.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can we move this Intel convo to another thread please?

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Studio monitor:
IK Multimedia iLoud MTM

Typically they sell for $350usd/each.
Dropped to $300usd/each earlier today on amazon.com
Cheapest was $270usd/each between Nov 25- Dec 5, 2019.

Adorama and sweetwater is still showing regular price.
Bhphotovideo matched the sale price, until Sep 7.

I would love for Amir to measure this!

Here's the measurements for the cheaper version called iLoud Micro measured by napilopez ealier on.
I expect the iLoud MTM to be even better, of course.
iLoud MM Spin Small.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom