• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ta240

Major Contributor
Thats $600+ for the pair including shipping at amazon. Adorama is a better deal.

$277 each being a price match for $450 a pair doesn't calculate. Plus, I'd always prefer to reward the place that was willing to offer the price in the first place rather than the one that simply tries to copy the deal. Otherwise eventually there isn't anyone offering a deal to be matched.

I thought these were being discontinued by Polk with the introduction of the Legend series but their site still says "The New Bookshelf for Serious Listening" so either that is an old label or they are keeping them around just at this price.

Veri

Master Contributor
In the comments, he says the K61 sounds better than the Sennheiser/Drop HD58x.
Meh. I sent back the 361 I bought. It's definitely a decent studio monitor really, just not something for fun/listening.

58x or 6XX is much better for general purpose IMO.

Last edited:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Parts-Express has good prices on FX-Audio buyout products, including some models that are very hard to find in the U.S. An upside is shipping/returns from a U.S. retailer. Downside is a 90 day warranty. Most prices are a bit below what you would get from AliExpress.

I bought and am very pleased with the DAC-X6C DAC headphone amp for $50. It is electronically and functionally different from the DAC-X6 that was reviewed here and that is sold for $45 on Massdrop. Functional differences include a fully digital volume control and variable rear line outputs. It powers all of my headphones well, and automatically shuts down the rear audio outs when you plug in a headphone. The digital volume works in very small steps...lots of turning to make relatively small volume changes. There is a very similar DAC-M6 for $5 more. About half of the FX-Audio models on Parts-Express I cannot find at other U.S. based outlets.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Meh. I sent back the 361 I bought. It's definitely a decent studio monitor really, just not something for fun/listening.

58x or 6XX is much better for general purpose IMO.

The K361 is supposed to be "flat" for monitoring. The K371 is the one that's following the Harmann target curve.
Not the most resolving of headphones, but definitely a very enjoyable signature for multi-hour sessions.

For multi-genre listening, I actually prefer it to the 6XX. But of course the 6XX is hard to beat when it comes to vocals. Not even the megabucks headphones have a clear advantage in this area over the 6XX.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer

Mawclaw

Forum Donor
Idk if this counts as a deal but I was looking at buying a few KH 310s and came across Studio Economik in Quebec. They are selling Neumann's for 1895 CAD (1430 USD) here - http://www.economik.com/neumann/kh-310-a-left/

I called them and they are brand new with warranty etc. but unable to be advertised below the MAP. Pretty solid to get brand new for 2900 shipped.

ENG

Forum Donor
This one is BIG.:eek:

Tidal Hi-Fi Family subscription (up to 5 users)...

... 5€ for 5 months ! You read that right: It's 5€ for 5 months, not 5€/month during 5 months. So 5€ instead of 149€ (usually 29.99€/month).

However, I have no clue if the deal works outside France...

https://www.dealabs.com/bons-plans/...a-5-euros-pour-5-mois-au-lieu-de-9975-1825180

View attachment 47068

Then, select Hi-Fi, and Family. All cost the same price, so no reason to not choose the highest offering! ;)

I just cancelled my actual subscription and started with the new one (will save 95€ until June and will be able to share Tidal with my daughter! :))

Hallo
I got af 5 months subscription for 50 DKK (about 7 EUR) here from Denmark. No problem.

FCT (E)

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Idk if this counts as a deal but I was looking at buying a few KH 310s and came across Studio Economik in Quebec. They are selling Neumann's for 1895 CAD (1430 USD) here - http://www.economik.com/neumann/kh-310-a-left/

I called them and they are brand new with warranty etc. but unable to be advertised below the MAP. Pretty solid to get brand new for 2900 shipped.

That's less than what Harbeth wants for a vastly less sophisticated speaker (Monitor 30) without amplification. It's a hell of a deal.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

That shop rent stuff (speakers, amplifiers, DACs...). If @amirm could use their rental service, lots of money would be saved!

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sennheiser HD660s B-Stock available from the Sennheiser Outlet for £262 (EUR309 on continental stores)...

1580934506623.png

https://en-uk.sennheiser-outlet.com/shops/index.php

Top Bottom