• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Drop has the Topping D50s up for US $185, down from $250. They've also got the A50 hp amp, the PA3 power amp, and the P50 linear power supply so you can mix and match if desired.

Estimated ship date is Jan 29, 2020.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
BH Photo has a deal on the JBL 305p MkII (pair) at US$159 / PAIR.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1168110-REG/jbl_lsr305_5_two_way_powered.html

Think that's a good deal for anyone looking for some powered speakers.

They have a very good offer for the 308P MkII (single) at US$135/EACH.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381118-REG/jbl_308p_mkii_powered.html

Same deal on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Professi..._1_3?keywords=308p+mkii&qid=1577376019&sr=8-3

However, I don't see the 305p offer on Amazon.

Mr. Olinad

I know nothing about subs, but as you are talking about...
Today I received an email from Underwood Hifi and they have the Syzygy SLF800 for $249.00 (or $449.00 for a pair)
It's a 200W 8" sub that has an app for room correction and you can use it Down- or Front-Firing.

I had a deal with Mr. Walter in november (pre black friday) and while they are not good at developing a website, you can easily negotiate via email or a phone call and receive a paypal invoice.

artismo

Do you know how the internal crossover work? Does it low-pass the sub and high-pass the monitors?
Via switch, yes @80Hz, and two other options if you’re curious.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Via switch, yes @80Hz, and two other options if you’re curious.
Thanks. Are you sure there is a Lowshelf AND a Highshelf or only a Highshelf? Of this would depend the quality of mid-bass.

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Both the 2 and 3 way HiVi Swans bookshelf DIY 2.2A and 3.1A speaker kits are on sale for the next several hours on Amazon. Prices after lightning deal and $20 clipped coupon are $167 and $227 a pair respectively. They were cheaper for a couple of weeks when they were released a few years ago...but this is the best price since.

These are distinguished by sounding excellent/accurate, and by being a very good value (priced close to or less than the driver+crossover components at their normal $220/$290 prices). I am an unabashed fan of the 2 Way. I have not built/heard the 3-Way. A fun easy project. My fanboy posts on them in the DIY section.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Both the 2 and 3 way HiVi Swans bookshelf DIY 2.2A and 3.1A speaker kits are on sale for the next several hours on Amazon. Prices after lightning deal and $20 clipped coupon are $167 and $227 a pair respectively. They were cheaper for a couple of weeks when they were released a few years ago...but this is the best price since.

These are distinguished by sounding excellent/accurate, and by being a very good value (priced close to or less than the driver+crossover components at their normal $220/$290 prices). I am an unabashed fan of the 2 Way. I have not built/heard the 3-Way. A fun easy project. My fanboy posts on them in the DIY section.
How would you say is the sound quality compared to, say, Kali P6 or Jbl 308p?

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How would you say is the sound quality compared to, say, Kali P6 or Jbl 308p?
Well, these Swan's are passive speakers, so you need an amp. The Swans are also designed for stand placement not desktop.

I have not heard either the Kali or 308P, but I own some JBL 306P and the HiVi 2.2a I own are definitely superior speakers, when both are placed on a stand in a medium room. A more direct comparison might be the Polk LSiM 703s mentioned above. In my room the Swans DIY2.2a sounded significantly more accurate. Flatter frequency response, more detail, and better defined bass. Purely subjective. On the other hand, the Polks look gorgeous, they are really beautifully finished. The HiVi 2.2a (which I finished) most certainly do not ;)

slingshot

Those speakers are amazing for the money. They used to be $1500 and can compete with anything in that price range. I bought a pair a couple months ago, best audio deal I've ever had.

Yes, these are an outstanding value at $450. If this is your price range, stop looking and order them now before they are gone. That being said, the Stereophile reviewer compared them to three other speakers, some of which sounded better in important sound aspects.

I am looking at the Quad S-2 at $1,200 a pair which the Stereophile reviewer raved about because it has a ribbon tweeter. I think it is the lowest priced Class B Speaker of their recommended components. This is for my home office system so it is hard to justify anything more expensive. They make a larger Z-2 speaker also but that costs $2,600 a pair.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/quad-s-2-loudspeaker

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, these Swan's are passive speakers, so you need an amp. The Swans are also designed for stand placement not desktop.

I have not heard either the Kali or 308P, but I own some JBL 306P and the HiVi 2.2a I own are definitely superior speakers, when both are placed on a stand in a medium room. A more direct comparison might be the Polk LSiM 703s mentioned above. In my room the Swans DIY2.2a sounded significantly more accurate. Flatter frequency response, more detail, and better defined bass. Purely subjective. On the other hand, the Polks look gorgeous, they are really beautifully finished. The HiVi 2.2a (which I finished) most certainly do not ;)
Sounds really interesting.
Need clamps & solder though!

Budgeter

58x is now back to $135.

Pretty sad since I missed 58x previous sale, which is why I ordered 4xx instead because I didn't think 58x would be on sale again. Still haven't received my 4xx though.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For British members, Peter Tyson have the Audioquest Nighthawk Carbon for £249 with free postage. I'm guessing someone found a box of unsold stock as I've noticed a few good offers on remaining examples at US dealers too, however for British readers this seems a good price given there are no other charges (VAT, customs handling charge, international shipping) to pay and you get local consumer rights.

Although I don't usually have much good to say about Audioquest and see them as the archetypal audiophile snake oil pushing shysters, their brief foray into headphones was pretty impressive and these were very un-Audiophile like products in being interesting and well engineered headphones that actually brought something worthwhile to the table.

I wasn't wild about Drop's reviews or business model either, so I price matched at APOS when it was $185 a few weeks ago. That went pretty well: you start a chat while buying on the website at the $250 and they refund your card the difference. In my case that happened within 2 hours. I think they do it this way because orders above $200 get free priority shipping from Topping, but whatever. I used a card with great internet fraud protections and which I only use for internet orders. (I'm a former auditor and naturally cautious/suspicious). Anyway, I had a tracking number from DHL within 6 hours and the shipment in four or five days direct from Hong Kong. DHL never updated the tracking, but the well wrapped package appeared on my porch. I just don't care for the Drop, pay me now and wait a month thing. Even if the sums are not large, I don't want to be a general creditor of some business I don't know anything about. I want to pay and have whatever it is shipped promptly. Rant over.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wasn't wild about Drop's reviews or business model either, so I price matched at APOS when it was $185 a few weeks ago. That went pretty well: you start a chat while buying on the website at the $250 and they refund your card the difference. In my case that happened within 2 hours. I think they do it this way because orders above $200 get free priority shipping from Topping, but whatever. I used a card with great internet fraud protections and which I only use for internet orders. (I'm a former auditor and naturally cautious/suspicious). Anyway, I had a tracking number from DHL within 6 hours and the shipment in four or five days direct from Hong Kong. DHL never updated the tracking, but the well wrapped package appeared on my porch. I just don't care for the Drop, pay me now and wait a month thing. Even if the sums are not large, I don't want to be a general creditor of some business I don't know anything about. I want to pay and have whatever it is shipped promptly. Rant over.

I've bought at least 20 times or more from Massdrop/drop.com since 2015. If you don't like to wait, then sure. (Note some of their drop studio special edition products are in stock in their warehouse and ship immediately). Order from somewhere else. But there's nothing sketchy about their business model, and they have been very reliable for me. They have also partnered with the audiophile community on some of their X special edition products, which has been a very good thing.

You might be surprised how much of the stuff on the Internet by online retailers is drop shipped these days, rather than being in the inventory of the seller. For instance, that's what a lot of 3rd party vendors on Amazon do. I've also bought products from major retail stores that drop ship as well.

Top Bottom