• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Hexspa

I was looking at a Yamaha RX-A4A Aventage ($1649) before Christmas, and now it dropped to $1149, causing some other sellers to drop their price too. A similarly priced Denon model also dropped to the same price range on their own website ($1199).

Let the after Christmas price wars begin:p

BTW, what's with Denon trying to hide their back panel pics? They'll have a dozen pics of every angle except the back panel. And even on their web site all you get is a blurry pic where you can't even read the connector labels. I've been having to go back and forth to other seller websites just to see if it has what I'm looking for.

Denon shows rear panel images at the same resolution as the front panel on their site.

Attachments

• D0AA039A-66A9-461D-AA7A-B8583AE4708D.png
    D0AA039A-66A9-461D-AA7A-B8583AE4708D.png
    780.6 KB · Views: 90

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Denon shows rear panel images at the same resolution as the front panel on their site.
If that is the native resolution one cannot read any of the print, even when enlarging. I see his point.

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Ebay seller "linkplay" (is it the parent company of Wiim?) is offering seller/manufacturer-refurbished Wiim Mini streamers for $64.99 shipped, with progressive discounts if you buy more than one. The listing implies that these come with the 1-year manufacturer warranty, but I have not tried to verify that. (The fact that linkplay has sold over 150 might give one pause.... that's a lot of refurbished units! I am taking a chance anyway.)

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
Ebay seller "linkplay" (is it the parent company of Wiim?) is offering seller/manufacturer-refurbished Wiim Mini streamers for $64.99 shipped, with progressive discounts if you buy more than one. The listing implies that these come with the 1-year manufacturer warranty, but I have not tried to verify that. (The fact that linkplay has sold over 150 might give one pause.... that's a lot of refurbished units! I am taking a chance anyway.)
I would contact wiim prior to purchase to confirm that but 60 dollars is no big deal.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mini PC on Amazon is $179 with a $70 off coupon at checkout if you're looking for a media streamer like a Kodi box, etc.

Also they have Beelink and many other compact PC's with big coupons on them and discounts. Over the season it was high end routers, but the trend is mini PC's now slashing prices.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mini PC on Amazon is $179 with a $70 off coupon at checkout if you're looking for a media streamer like a Kodi box, etc.

Also they have Beelink and many other compact PC's with big coupons on them and discounts. Over the season it was high end routers, but the trend is mini PC's now slashing prices.
I see $169 and minus $70 with coupon? $99 ?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Soundmagic hp151 headphones for $64.99 with a free additional promotion on it for the S20BT bluetooth neckband ear buds. To get it, click on promotion and then "add both to cart". I'm getting this right now, good excuse to try out the headphones. I've had their E80c ear buds and thought they were pretty good (also they're flat enough to wear a helmet over).

Last edited:

gorb

Forum Donor
Last edited:

gorb

Forum Donor
Sweetwater has the Kali IN-5-C on sale for $299/ea. $100 less than regular price and $50 less than the going rate for the IN-5 without the mount.

1673467095940.png

MacCali

Major Contributor
It's right there below the price, just click it.

View attachment 256378
excuse my ignorance, but what is this unit useful for? I have been trying to setup a dedicated roon core which is not my pc. Would it be possible to use this or do I go with the suggested NUC pc by the roon website or just DIY. Idk what's the best route really

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
excuse my ignorance, but what is this unit useful for? I have been trying to setup a dedicated roon core which is not my pc. Would it be possible to use this or do I go with the suggested NUC pc by the roon website or just DIY. Idk what's the best route really
It's good for a standalone media server, or a replacement for a Firetv stick if you wanted to run Kodi for the TV and use the phone app for remote controls without being connected to Amazon all the time. You could put it on your Wifi router and let it also do double duty for backing up any device to it with a USB drive on it. File sharing all the music or videos too. It comes with Windows, but some people install Linux too. Just so every device in the house would have access to a media library. You can also get a high end router to do some of it, but if you have Windows apps already then it's set to go.

Top Bottom