• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

earlevel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Stupid Deal of the Day, available till midnight Pacific Time:

Actually $1 cheaper than that deal I posted last month, this time sold as a pair. You need to add it to you cart ($331) to see the discount to $199 (plus you get some additional in credits).

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ntrol-1-pro-monitors-review.10811/post-301500
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 11.33.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 11.34.00 AM.png

earlevel

Are we supposed to guess where you've found this deal?
LOL—a little more diplomatic to note that I left out the link, I'm not a sadist. I copied the first part for a previous post of mine, thought it had the link (or copying it lost the link), then wrestled with the ASR link, not remembering how to make it show up with a summary, gave up. Oh well...Musician's Friend, as noted, is the home of "stupid deal of the day" and stupid deal of the hour". ;)

JBL 305P mkii

Scrivs

Forum Donor
They send you half a speaker, 1/4 of a pair
Sooo, much to my amazement, a single KEF R5 arrived today. The amazement stems from the fact that the second speaker is inbound via UPS, due to arrive Monday. I’m stunned that they are sending me 136lbs (shipping weight) of product w/free shipping to HI.

I can’t believe this is actually coming to fruition

Attachments

• DCCDFD31-569A-4D28-A55E-35C411F72AEF.jpeg
    DCCDFD31-569A-4D28-A55E-35C411F72AEF.jpeg
    390.5 KB · Views: 145

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Focal Elegia for $249 on Adorama, rock bottom price for e condition. Also still have the He6se Hifiman for $499. Amazon has the Drop THX 789 amps in the used category from resellers for $150, which is impressive when you factor in free shipping and their return policy. I've gotten some great deals lately from Amazon, but not them, or the warehouse which normally just discounts 10 percent. The resellers there for amps and DAC's have slashed prices on used stuff by 50 percent on several things. Even the two I took a chance on in "acceptable" condition were perfect, but the box had some inventory stickers cut off it, so I think that qualifies for the condition too. It takes some digging by clicking every listing for an item, and then each color too before you see the used available for the item. It's worth trying though if you get lucky and have one of their cards for another 5 percent off.
Got both the HE6SE and the THX789AAA at those exact prices. The 789 was an open box. Very strongly recommended combo, add a Topping D10 balanced at $150. and you have a World-Class Headphones system for $800!!! Please let that sink, $800.oo

Scrivs

Forum Donor
@Scrivs Awesome!!
Now take the US$ 1650 savings I just saved you and donate a portion to Amir and/or Erin (he reviewed the Kef R5 after all).

Also, in Canada, R5's retail for CDN$ 4400/pair (which is US$ 3450/pair equivalent)...you're a very lucky guy!
Thank you ever so much, I'm more than happy to donate to this rare gem of a forum where truth and logic are the order of the day.

It's not about the KEFs as much as it is about our forum members looking out for one another.

While I have a modest electronics background, and was employed as such, I cannot overstate the pure technical genius of some of the regulars here. More mind-blowing is the generosity of time and effort spent by said members, to educate those less endowed with such prowess.

Thank you everyone on here who contributes out of the goodness of their hearts. Whether it be to help avoid poor purchasing choices, or discussing the audibility of Jitter artifacts, Ive learned so much.

Thanks again for everyones generosity, goodwill, and for creating the closest thing I have to family these days

Scrivs

Forum Donor
@Scrivs Awesome!!
Now take the US$ 1650 savings I just saved you and donate a portion to Amir and/or Erin (he reviewed the Kef R5 after all).

Also, in Canada, R5's retail for CDN$ 4400/pair (which is US$ 3450/pair equivalent)...you're a very lucky guy!
My pleasure to have done so. Thank you for the reminder absolutely my pleasure

MacCali

Major Contributor
Got both the HE6SE and the THX789AAA at those exact prices. The 789 was an open box. Very strongly recommended combo, add a Topping D10 balanced at $150. and you have a World-Class Headphones system for $800!!! Please let that sink, $800.oo
Not sure who said that's a great combo, I have never heard it. However I will tell you from my experience to get the best experience out of any of those power hungry headphones is massive current. My he6se is running on a flux labs FA-10, at 50 ohms it produces 10.5 wpc and definitely solid current; it's virtually a speaker amp for headphones.

I do realize I am never getting 10 watts to my ears, without going deaf. But that amp brings those headphones to life, also had the same experience with the susvara, which sounds really bad, until I used it with a 20 wpc class A headphone amp. Which finally brought out the glory of those headphones.

Sorry I now this is the wrong section. But I cant imagine the 789 got enough current

MacCali

Major Contributor
Sooo, much to my amazement, a single KEF R5 arrived today. The amazement stems from the fact that the second speaker is inbound via UPS, due to arrive Monday. I’m stunned that they are sending me 136lbs (shipping weight) of product w/free shipping to HI.

I can’t believe this is actually coming to fruition
per speaker???? 136 or both o.o

samshaver

Monoprice currently has the Monolith by Monoprice Liquid Platinum Balanced Limited Edition DAC by Alex Cavalli (AKM4499) on sale for $549.99 ($250 [31%] off). But, they are also having a 15% off sale with code APLUS , and surprisingly it actually works on this DAC, so you get an extra $82.50 off making it $467.49!

http://monoprice.com/Product/?p_id=38966

tiramisu

Drop has the HD6xx on sale again for $219. I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on this for a while. The HD600 never seems to go on sale and the HD6xx can be eq'ed to achieve similar outcomes for about half the price.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Newegg has the Beyerdynamic DT770 250 ohm for $115 new with free shipping. Best price I've seen on those in a long time. It's at their eBay storefront.

fieldcar

They Might Be Giants: Idlewild: A Compilation (MP3/Wav Digital Album Download)​

Free

Top Bottom