• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

AlexanderM

Dali Opticon 1

$637 pair.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Various subwoofers on sale over at Monoprice: https://www.monoprice.com/pages/subwoofers

1649950678067.png

fieldcar

Forum Donor
it it that much better than the HE400SE?
Thats really up to you and no one else. You should be able to look at the objective data and ask yourself if it's worthwhile.

I'd say no.
Though, I'm personally done with IEMS and headphones after buying way way too much. They are so much worse than competent powered monitors or passive speaker. I like the philosophy of buy one objectively good IEM, TWS, open back, and closed back, then spend the rest on some speakers. If that's not possible, get into EQ'ing what you have.

Robbo99999

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice discount, but with my current dive down the HP rabbit hole, it it that much better than the HE400SE?
I just so happened to have made a recent post comparing the two....I'd say on balance that the HE400SE measures better, detailed comparison here:

LearningToSmile

Dan Clark on Drop
Ether CX Closed is also available again at $749, down from regular price of $900. I'm extremely tempted but I told myself I'm not buying anything new before selling my current headphones.

rolloj

Thats really up to you and no one else. You should be able to look at the objective data and ask yourself if it's worthwhile.

I'd say no.
Though, I'm personally done with IEMS and headphones after buying way way too much. They are so much worse than competent powered monitors or passive speaker. I like the philosophy of buy one objectively good IEM, TWS, open back, and closed back, then spend the rest on some speakers. If that's not possible, get into EQ'ing what you have.
Great statement on buying stuff

fieldcar

Forum Donor
Hifiman just sent a flash sale email:
Sundara B stock for $249
Ananda B Stock for $539
Arya open box for $1199
HE-R10 for $999
I'm really tempted to grab the Edition XS, as it launched for $500 and measures almost identically to the Arya.

1651239552241.png

Phoney

Last edited:

Colonel7

I'm sorry, but how did that thing cost $469 to begin with? You can get transparent amps with that kind of power or more, for $100.. A30 Pro is $349, and A90 Pro is $499, both just way better. Even at $299, there's better stuff at a cheaper price. Maybe I'm missing something.
You're correct as far as it goes on price and the inaudibility race. His builds are engineered and constructed like tanks and are more of a decade product. He also sources and uses Canadian labor so those costs are higher.

Top Bottom