• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
Muon sounds way too much like moron to me but they sure are cool looking. The craziest thing is, KEF has two reviews on the site for the Muon speakers which means at least 2 people have shelled out almost a quarter of a million dollars for a set of speakers. It's nice to see Mr. Clean getting some work again too:
muon-pair-rl-final.jpg

Poor sod can't afford shoes.

carewser

Monoprice monolith subwoofer black Friday sales are starting.

The specs of the 10" sub and the 12" sub are the same so why would anyone spend 50% more for the 12" sub?

sgent

The specs of the 10" sub and the 12" sub are the same so why would anyone spend 50% more for the 12" sub?

1) The specs don't tell the whole story -- one is THX Select and the other is THX Ultra. The Ultra certification according to THX is for much larger rooms.

2) If you get the CEA specs from the subwoofer list or Erin's channel / site, you will see the 12" gets much louder while keeping distortion under control.

Koo

Monoprice monolith subwoofer black Friday sales are starting.

It's a shame that these deals are not in the EU site.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For those of you looking for deals on Chinese headphones, amps, and DACs, Singles Day is almost here. November 11. It's the equivalent of Black Friday in China.

Linsoul already has some preliminary information up about their sale event

The Head-Fi deals thread will likely catch the deals if people don't post them here.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
For those of you looking for deals on Chinese headphones, amps, and DACs, Singles Day is almost here. November 11. It's the equivalent of Black Friday in China.

Linsoul already has some preliminary information up about their sale event

The Head-Fi deals thread will likely catch the deals if people don't post them here.

That's a great reminder.

Another spot worth checking out for 11.11 sales is AliExpress. They already have their 11.11 prices posted so you can do research now. (You still have to wait to buy until 11.11 to get the sale price.) For example:

1636080558232.png

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The Elac DBR62 is $545 in walnut and $580 in oak at Amazon (USA). They also have "renewed" models a bit cheaper.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
For Canadians...

Went to local Visions.
The Kef R3's are currently on sale for CDN$2500/pair (that's equavalent to US$2000/pair).
I mentioned they're US$1700/pair in the states, and the sales guy matched the price down to CDN$2100/pair.
Thought I would share, for my Canadian peeps looking at these.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
AKG K702 are 145 USD on Adorama right now.
I'd like to recommend that headphone as long as an Oratory EQ is used on it. I would also mention that the solder can fail in the earcups after a year or two, so helps if you're handy with a soldering iron (can learn off YouTube vids & soldering iron only cost me £16). K702 is my joint favourite headphone along with HD560s, so yes I'd like to recommend it given that it's on sale there - good wide soundstage (quite unique) and good detail/resolution ability.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Top Bottom