• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am no longer a reliable subjective listening resource due to normal 70ish high frequency hearing loss. Given that, the 560v4, N90q, and Focal Elegia are my current rotation. The original 560s were my favorite phones. I still have them and they sound very similar to the v4. The differences are mostly fit and ruggedness with the v4 superior. I do not think they need EQ but sometimes use the V1 560 settings because they are available and do not make them sound worse. I can say the 560 (and Sundara) are both clearly superior to any of the Hifiman 400/4xx series.

The N90q, as you know, are closed/anc so are definitely the choice in any noisy environment. Love them both.
I am no longer a reliable subjective listening resource due to normal 70ish high frequency hearing loss. Given that, the 560v4, N90q, and Focal Elegia are my current rotation. The original 560s were my favorite phones. I still have them and they sound very similar to the v4. The differences are mostly fit and ruggedness with the v4 superior. I do not think they need EQ but sometimes use the V1 560 settings because they are available and do not make them sound worse. I can say the 560 (and Sundara) are both clearly superior to any of the Hifiman 400/4xx series.

The N90q, as you know, are closed/anc so are definitely the choice in any noisy environment. Love them both.

I love your feedback here, thank you. I recently returned my he4xx for the 560 V4 for almost exactly the same amount of money... $199 open box vs $180 new. They are really comfortable and make for easy listening. I also have not used EQ on them as I'm quite a noob and prefer to try someone else's concoctions, someone who knows more and measures better than I can... I did give them an 85 low-shelf last night for giggles and it didn't seem to hurt anything.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I honestly like the 560s without any EQ but open to suggestions to try

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live are currently on sale for $129.99.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wireless-Cancelling-Charging-Included/dp/B089B658NP/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...rbud-headphones-black/6422916.p?skuId=6422916

Picked these up yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they fit me. I've tried a bunch of wireless earbud type headphones, and the ones with tips to create a seal like IEMs don't fit my XXL ear canal/ears. The nozzles are almost never long enough for me to get a good seal, and the bulkiness of the driver casing prevents a deep enough insertion.

The Buds Live are surprisingly listenable. I doubted the reviews that said they have any bass since they are open like airpods, but they actually do have bass.

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Picked these up yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to find that they fit me. I've tried a bunch of wireless earbud type headphones, and the ones with tips to create a seal like IEMs don't fit my XXL ear canal/ears. The nozzles are almost never long enough for me to get a good seal, and the bulkiness of the driver casing prevents a deep enough insertion.

The Buds Live are surprisingly listenable. I doubted the reviews that said they have any bass since they are open like airpods, but they actually do have bass.

I find that the buds live require lots of adjustment to get the sound just right, and even then, I'm never really happy with the sound. They are ok for office use as they don't seal out the world.

If you've got fitment issues with most IEM's, I would try the SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips. They feel like glue in your ears.
https://www.amazon.com/AZLA-SednaEarfit-XELASTEC-Pairs-Size/dp/B08BRGHYVN/

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I find that the buds live require lots of adjustment to get the sound just right, and even then, I'm never really happy with the sound. They are ok for office use as they don't seal out the world.

If you've got fitment issues with most IEM's, I would try the SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips. They feel like glue in your ears.
https://www.amazon.com/AZLA-SednaEarfit-XELASTEC-Pairs-Size/dp/B08BRGHYVN/

I don't have a problem with tips. The problem is the nozzle is too short and the bulky design of most wireless earbuds prevents deep enough assertion. The tip just does not go deep enough into the canal before the body of the earphone stops it from going deeper.

In fact, I have the same problem with IEMs and generally can only use the ones that are cylinder shaped and are not over ear. I'm 6' 6" and like many things, IEMs and earbuds are designed for average sized people.

Jdunk54nl

I don't have a problem with tips. The problem is the nozzle is too short and the bulky design of most wireless earbuds prevents deep enough assertion. The tip just does not go deep enough into the canal before the body of the earphone stops it from going deeper.

In fact, I have the same problem with IEMs and generally can only use the ones that are cylinder shaped and are not over ear. I'm 6' 6" and like many things, IEMs and earbuds are designed for average sized people.

Trying not to revert to childish ways with all of the innuendos....
giphy.gif

fieldcar

I figured I would share. I've had similar issues, and I still think the xelastec's would solve the issue. I find that most medium tips inserted moderately deep kind of float on the little hairs in my ear, so the seal is broken. So I have to resort to using larger tips that don't go too far in. I also had issues with many silicone tips that are too delicate not sealing. I hope you can figure it out someday. There are some incredible iems out there. I love my legacy 3 and 4, and all my etymotics.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I figured I would share. I've had similar issues, and I still think the xelastec's would solve the issue. I find that most medium tips inserted moderately deep kind of float on the little hairs in my ear, so the seal is broken. So I have to resort to using larger tips that don't go too far in. I also had issues with many silicone tips that are too delicate not sealing. I hope you can figure it out someday. There are some incredible iems out there. I love my legacy 3 and 4, and all my etymotics.

Foam tips will do the same thing, and I've been able to use them with some IEMs.

bogart

Forum Donor

Kachda

Forum Donor

kami

I don’t know anything as small that sounds as good as these with Qudelix 5K and the Oratory target curve.

By themselves (no Cipher) they’re terrible.

Hi @jhaider: Do you think it is enough to buy the Audeze iSine 10 and pair them with the Qudelix 5? The cipher lighting cable looked interesting for me as an iPhone user, but the Audeze iOS app has a 10 band graphical EQ instead of parametric EQ. (I understand I would need an CCK adapter to use it with the iphone/ipad).

In a quick search I couldn't find EQ settings for the Audeze app, so at this point the lighting cable doesn't seem like a "must have" accessory. Am I right to assume this?

KM

Top Bottom