• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

MacCali

Major Contributor
Anyone own these, or know if these are worth the $75 or so asked for them on Ebay??
they were just on sale on woot and also amazon has them brand new for like 125 i believe. Ehhhh not so sure, you'd probably be better off with the SHP9600 that are 76 brand new on amazon, if that sale is still going. Depends what frequency response you enjoy, but there's plenty of reviews out there

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
they were just on sale on woot and also amazon has them brand new for like 125 i believe. Ehhhh not so sure, you'd probably be better off with the SHP9600 that are 76 brand new on amazon, if that sale is still going. Depends what frequency response you enjoy, but there's plenty of reviews out there
The AKG are ANC wireless headphones, which I don't have, but I own way too many open back headphones, so no need for the Philips, lol.
But thanks for the tip, appreciate your help.:)

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you want to add Bluetooth Audio with AptX, AptX LL, & AptX HD to your Windows/Mac/PS4 this 1Mii USB adapter will do that. $13 regularly $22ish.

Normal Windows Bluetooth does not do AptX, this appears to your computer to be a USB speaker. An audio only device, similar to this are the Avantree DG80 and Creative BT-W2 at about $30.

MacCali

Major Contributor
The AKG are ANC wireless headphones, which I don't have, but I own way too many open back headphones, so no need for the Philips, lol.
But thanks for the tip, appreciate your help.:)
those ANC headphones are all pretty much trash sonically. I come from wired headphones and even though I dont own that many my experience was horrible with wireless. I tried two sennhiesers, beyerdynamic and M&D, plus sony of course. Finally settled with the M&D MW65 and they run 549, got them BF for 400. Plus, the M&D actually sound better with ANC on rather than off which was the opposite of all the others i tried.

I would only give recommendation to Beyerdynamic Lagoon/Traveler ANC[~100] and M&D.

boselover61

those ANC headphones are all pretty much trash sonically. I come from wired headphones and even though I dont own that many my experience was horrible with wireless. I tried two sennhiesers, beyerdynamic and M&D, plus sony of course. Finally settled with the M&D MW65 and they run 549, got them BF for 400. Plus, the M&D actually sound better with ANC on rather than off which was the opposite of all the others i tried.

I would only give recommendation to Beyerdynamic Lagoon/Traveler ANC[~100] and M&D.
Try akg n700mc 2

BluesDaddy

Forum Donor
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (80 Ω) on sale at Newegg for US $134 with coupon code. Not a huge deal but $25 off. Only good for one day: 2021-04-05.

View attachment 122122
I had a pair of what they called the "consumer" version of this ten or fifteen years ago. I enjoyed them a lot as a decent closed headphone. Unfortunately, someone broke into my house and this is one of the things they stole.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For Canadians...

Sennheiser HD 650 headphones
Normally CDN$600, but now on sale for CDN$530 (12% off) on economik
That seems like a lot of money for that headphone! Why not just buy the Drop Sennheiser HD6XX for $220 USD, surely would be better value even with import fees, and it's exactly the same headphone as the HD 650.

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
That seems like a lot of money for that headphone! Why not just buy the Drop Sennheiser HD6XX for $220 USD, surely would be better value even with import fees, and it's exactly the same headphone as the HD 650.
I've shied away from Drop so many times, had stuff in the cart and then found a great reason(s) not to buy from Drop.

The number one reason is there is only a 30 day or 3 month return/warranty period vs years of warranty support if you buy the product in it's "real" form from normal channels. That reason has stopped me most.

The 2nd most likely reason is there isn't enough of a price savings to make me ignore the number one reason.

Probably the Zeroth reason is that buying on Drop is like ordering online in a Pandemic - without the Pandemic - you never know how long it is going to take them to ship it, or when you will get it. While I've watched for signs of a product to announce when it is going to ship I see a sale on the "real" item, and I order that instead. Or, I lose interest in the product because something newer / better is now available for the same or less cost.

Case in point, Drop has been having supply issues with (everything?) the HD6xx and people are waiting even longer than usual - double Pandemic mode strikes:
https://drop.com/talk/63324/pre-order-status-update-thread

The last straw for me, and why I am peeved at Drop, I was looking forward to the release of the ifi Zen CAN / DAC pairing at 2x the price I expected, and then went on to charge $85(?) for the 4mm interconnect cable. I had those in my cart for a while and then when they doubled the price I wrote them a complaint and until today haven't been back there.

I see Drop added a 3-year warranty option to the HD6XX for $30... where does Drop plan on getting the spare HD6XX's or parts for repair to service that warranty?, they can't even keep stock for sales!:

"Add Drop 3-year Warranty with Accidental Coverage (US Only) +$30"
https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx/

I ended up buying a "real" Sennheiser HD660s during a sale at bhphoto.com, it shipped immediately and arrived quickly, and I am thrilled with it's awesomeness. Drop is showing 20 days till the next HD6XX drop. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom