• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

LearningToSmile

KEF Porsche Design Motion One In-ear Bluetooth Neckband earbuds $44 down from original $250 thru NewEgg. Currently $99 on Amazon, MMCX connection includes both AptX neckband and wired 3.5mm. Where else can you get a Porsche for 82% off? Mixed reviews, but most at the original price.
That's a great deal if someone is interested in the bluetooth neckband, you get the bonus IEMs for basically $15 and even if they're not great they're probably not $15 bad.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Subwoofers
1. Rel Acoustics HT/1205 (12" sealed)
Was US$700, now on sale for US$450 (36% drop) on adorama.com
Other resellers show regular price, see musicdirect, audioadvisor, etc.
Link to vendor website.

2. Rel Acoustics HT/1508 (15" sealed)
Was US$1,800, now on sale for US$1,000 (44% drop) on adorama.com
Other resellers show regular price, see musicdirect, audioadvisor, etc.
Link to vendor website.

No CEA2010A/B for either models, but I found it for Rel T-7 (8" sealed sub). CEA2010A measurements are by Wirecutter.
Also, it looks like this is a 1st Rel subwoofer deal posted on this thread. ^^

gvl

Major Contributor
I don't think so. The $300 price has been available sporadically for the last year or so. It is the lowest price I have seen. If you want a set new I would not wait...but who knows.

You can order the original Gold Color direct from AKG for the same price...delivery date next July.

I really like mine.

Well, they sold through. I received mine today. They are interesting phones no doubt but as many point out they are somewhat sibilant even with the curve adjusted down. Overall not too bad and some material benefits from it it seems, need to spend more time with them but so far they are not a match to my HD6XX with a desktop amp, which I suppose matches my expectations so it is all good.

RETRACTION: I read the FM and them now being properly calibrated I'm no longer sure the HD6XX are better, the sibilance is gone and they are freaking awesome, the low end is definitely better. Using my Android phone over USB is pretty cool. Two issues remain - some background hiss w/o music which can be an artifact of ANC and IMO they leak too much sound for being closed back, so my office use application may not work out - will need to see how quiet the office is when I finally get there, hopefully some time before 2022.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Passive Tower:
KEF R5 (Walnut only)
Was US$3,000/pair, now on sale for US$2,136/pair (29% drop) on amazon.com
This is the lowest price in the last year. Previous sale for was US$2,229/pair on Dec 22.

Just a heads up...this already dropped to $1,974/pair (or 34% drop from original).
Only 3 pairs in stock.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Sony WH1000XM4 bluetooth HP for 280 (reg. 350)

https://www.adorama.com/sowh100xm4ba.html

I previously bought and returned these. the bluetooth functionality is still a bit buggy, but will probably be worked out in the next 6 months, as this model is new, and the XM3 by all reports has solid BT functionality.

i did find the noise cancelling to be excellent fyi

ends 1/31

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Sony WH1000XM4 bluetooth HP for 280 (reg. 350)

https://www.adorama.com/sowh100xm4ba.html

I previously bought and returned these. the bluetooth functionality is still a bit buggy, but will probably be worked out in the next 6 months, as this model is new, and the XM3 by all reports has solid BT functionality.

i did find the noise cancelling to be excellent fyi

ends 1/31
I just reviewed these: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...0xm4-review-noise-cancelling-headphone.19828/

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There is a $49.00 1 Year Hifi Tidal deal on Bestbuy right now, bundled with a new Pop Smoke Album:

Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon [Only @ Best Buy] [LP] [PA] - see link on page: Hot offer $49.99 for TIDAL with Pop Smoke Vinyl

And, here is it is from the Tidal Hifi Music 12 month subscription product page - see link on page: Hot offer $49.99 for TIDAL with Pop Smoke Vinyl:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163
1611814361384.png

Here is Pop Smoke's new album on Tidal:
https://tidal.com/browse/album/147262720

It has an MQA decoded bit rate of 176.4khz which I've not seen before...

Parental warning: Language, drug references
Before I purchased the Bestbuy Annual Tidal subscription I asked a bunch of questions via Bestbuy Chat. That is probably still a good idea.

I used Chat at Bestbuy to ask what the renewal amount will be in 1 year and asked if I can use the BestBuy voucher with my existing Tidal account. I was told I needed to let my current Tidal monthly subscription expire, and then I could use my BestBuy voucher "code" to renew.

The day my Tidal monthly subscription expired I started Tidal and tried to use Bestbuy voucher code to renew, and was sent to BestBuy's site from Tidal. Then I followed the Bestbuy instructions on how to renew... I entered the voucher number to renew, and my existing Tidal subscription was extended for 1 year.

After that subscription conversion process, the management of my Tidal subscription is done from my Bestbuy account. If I try to "Manage Subscription" from Tidal it sends me to the right page inside Tidal, but if I click on Subscription or Payment each displays these informative reminders:

Your subscription
This account is currently managed by Best Buy. Please visit your BestBuy.com account page to manage your billing preferences, cancel your plan and update your contact information.

PARTNER PAYMENT
Your account is currently managed by Best Buy. You can cancel by calling 1-888-BESTBUY or opt out of auto-renewal by managing your plan on the Plans and Subscriptions page via your
BestBuy.com account

Last edited:

Lattiboy

There is a $49.00 1 Year Hifi Tidal deal on Bestbuy right now, bundled with a new Pop Smoke Album:

Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon [Only @ Best Buy] [LP] [PA] - see link on page: Hot offer $49.99 for TIDAL with Pop Smoke Vinyl

And, here is it is from the Tidal Hifi Music 12 month subscription product page - see link on page: Hot offer $49.99 for TIDAL with Pop Smoke Vinyl:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-...9-99-per-year-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163
View attachment 108947

Here is Pop Smoke's new album on Tidal:
https://tidal.com/browse/album/147262720

It has an MQA decoded bit rate of 176.4khz which I've not seen before...

Parental warning: Language, drug references

Great deal! Note: you CANNOT use this if you have a current tidal account. You have to setup a fresh one through the Best Buy link. I did this when it was $80 a year, but mine renews at $80, whereas this one is $120 I believe. Still a damn good deal!

Top Bottom