• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

MASSDROP Sennheiser HD58X JUBILEE Review (Headphone)

Martigane

Uncompensated response with various holes sizes for the mod shows same trend as on solderdude's report.
HD58x_Fresp_Stock_4mm_5mm.png

Paweł L

I think that you are mixing up mods.

- 1 mod is about cutting out a hole in the front protective foam (or so i ve read for hd650), i dont believe in it, it seems to measure the same.
Thats sad.

Thanks - I'm beside myself, I just don't get it w.. is wrong with this guy, and is he talking about. The HD650 quarter mod is been around for over a decade, however I would not do it. Easier to use ladies stockings instead of foam to lower attenuation of upper mids and high frequencies, but not might be enough if one finds them too dark (vailed). As for the removal of the rear foam on 58X, I didn't notice enough of difference to remove it. The SolderDude mod is super effective and I'm very happy how they turned out. If I be able to get AKG K240 foam pads, I will try the other mod version, but I'm afraid they might be too bass light with it. My DT880-600 spend most of the time on the shelf for over a year ever since I got 58Xs.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
HD650 'foam in front of driver mod' is also included in this pdf. (page 23 to 26)
The KISS mod (removal of the rear damping foam on the driver) is not included in the old pdf but does the exact opposite of what has been achieved with the HD58X mod. the KISS mod increases the warmth/midbass hump and increases the chance of dust getting into the airgap of the driver.
it's a silly mod.
no rear foamy, stock
FR no foamy.png

Last edited:

aandres_gm

MrOtto

"10OFF discount code isn’t valid for the items in your cart"
Probably because they are already discounted.

MrOtto

I haven't ordered anything on this account, but I can try to make another account.

Ecaroh

To import this PEQ profile into 'Equalizer APO', use:

Otherwise, see my PEQ guide.
..................................................................................................................
For those who don't have PEQ-capable app, and want to use GEQs instead:
See my GEQ guide for 10-band, 31-band, and 127-band GEQ profiles.
Thanks. I've been combing through your PEQ Guide as well. I'm trying to import the HD58X PEQ settings into the native PEQ for the VLC app (Mac). Setting possibilities there are shown in my attached file. Any guidance on how to set this thing up? Many thanks!

Attachments

• VLC Parametric EQ Settings.jpg
    VLC Parametric EQ Settings.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 143

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I do. What do you like to see there?
I think good selling products like this is a great start. (Anyone wanna a trade for a pair of Meze Noirs for these, or 6xx I'll throw in a dongle or something).

Ashimaru

Are original HD58X earpads easy to get? Where can I buy it? Or is it compatible with other HD6 series earpads? (HD600/650/660s etc).

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are original HD58X earpads easy to get? Where can I buy it? Or is it compatible with other HD6 series earpads? (HD600/650/660s etc).

Compatible with the HD6... series' pads, same part number. You can order them on Sennheiser's own website if they have them in stock, but other stores may have them as well (Thomann for example if you're in Europe).

Ashimaru

Compatible with the HD6... series' pads, same part number. You can order them on Sennheiser's own website if they have them in stock, but other stores may have them as well (Thomann for example if you're in Europe).
Thank you

Chris Kelly

I didn't go through all eight pages of this thread. When it comes to transparency, I understand these Drop/Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee headphones without EQ are second to the Sennheiser HD 650 without EQ. What are the differences, as in underemphasis and overemphasis throughout the audio spectrum? The page number and post number would be OK if typing everything again would be too much trouble..

Last edited:

aasearles

Forum Donor
I didn't go through all eight pages of this thread. When it comes to transparency, I understand these Drop/Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee headphones without EQ are second to the Sennheiser HD 650 without EQ. What are the differences, as in underemphasis and overemphasis throughout the audio spectrum? The page number and post number would be OK if typing everything again would be too much trouble..

From Page 1 I overlaid the response graphs (below) to show differences through the sweep for HD58x and HD650.
Basically HD58x has slightly more deep bass (both are lacking a lot here), while HD650 is a little hotter between 2-5kHz, otherwise they both plot fairly close to the Harman target curve, and to each other.

1667582640149.png

Top Bottom