• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Martin Logan SWT-X Wireless kit for Dynamo X subwoofers

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Does anyone have any experience with the Bluetooth transmitter option for Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofers? There is very little info online about this, which definitely raises suspicions that it isn't widely used, usually indicating a mediocre product. I'm very limited to placement of my Dynamo 1100x and considering trying this. Any and all insight is appreciated, since I'm just beginning this research. Any experience with the Anthem app that comes with it, is also welcome. Thanks. SWT-X Manual
swt-x-group.jpg

droid2000

I'm running a MartinLogan 700 wirelessly. Not sure if it's using the same wireless hardware that you listed. Transmitter looks the same but receiver is built into the sub. It sounds good to me. As good or better than my SVS sub also running wireless.

You don't have to use ML wireless gear with ML subs. Any wireless gear with RCA outputs will work.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Forum Donor
I'm running a MartinLogan 700 wirelessly. Not sure if it's using the same wireless hardware that you listed. Transmitter looks the same but receiver is built into the sub. It sounds good to me. As good or better than my SVS sub also running wireless.

You don't have to use ML wireless gear with ML subs. Any wireless gear with RCA outputs will work.
Are the RCA connectors plugged into the DAC? My vintage McIntosh only has xlr inputs.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One thing to consider in these wireless links is latency. I used wireless link (Not that of the OP) and the subwoofer appeared to be located beyond the limits of my AVR, I believe it was "seen to be at 60 feet, from the microphone.
These items will often tout their range, frequency response or THD but rarely their latency.

Caveat emptor

Peace.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Forum Donor
One thing to consider in these wireless links is latency. I used wireless link (Not that of the OP) and the subwoofer appeared to be located beyond the limits of my AVR, I believe it was "seen to be at 60 feet, from the microphone.
These items will often tout their range, frequency response or THD but rarely their latency.

Caveat emptor

Peace.
Yes, certainly one in a basket of issues that I'd rather avoid. Emptor is caveated, thanks.

droid2000

Are the RCA connectors plugged into the DAC? My vintage McIntosh only has xlr inputs.
My DAC has both XLR and RCA outputs, so the XLR outputs go to the amp, and the RCA outputs go to the wireless transmitters.

If your DAC or preamp only has XLR outputs, you can use XLR to RCA converters to feed the wireless transmitter.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Forum Donor
My DAC has both XLR and RCA outputs, so the XLR outputs go to the amp, and the RCA outputs go to the wireless transmitters.

If your DAC or preamp only has XLR outputs, you can use XLR to RCA converters to feed the wireless transmitter.
Thanks. My mistake, amp has rca inputs, so rca into DAC from transmitter, from DAC to amp via rca.

Top Bottom