• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mark Waldrep In Trouble AGAIN

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:

derp1n

Sad old men that need to feel special and important. Thomas was dead right.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Sad old men that need to feel special and important. Thomas was dead right.

Not confined to older age as even this forum demonstrates. :oops:

derp1n

derp1n

200w_d.gif

The Dragon

Forum Donor
The truth about "truth in advertising" for the USA: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/media-resources/truth-advertising

I haven't been able to find an exemption for audio products. Maybe the poster can enlighten me.

I think you guys are taking me the wrong way. I was just pointing out that I could see why the event coordinator would react the way he did. I'm not defending him nor approving of what he seems to be defending either. As I clearly stated before, you will find no one who hates snake oil marketing hype in anything - especially audio. Unfortunately, and with most things these days people are not held to telling the truth anymore. Kudos to anyone who helps uncover the truth where it needs to be. That is one of the reasons I like this site. To me, the proof is in the measurement data. Peace.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I’m 39 a spring chicken compared to you old bastards ..
Ready to join the middle aged club yet, one more year to go.
I'll bet you feel it after a 8 hour day sanding rock. LOL

The Dragon

Forum Donor
Well of course he got kicked out. I wouldn't have even given him that first chance they gave him. Nobody wants some undercover detective at an event they are hosting. Unprofessional behavior. If he wanted to actually do this, he should have gotten permission or at least let them know. The way the internet works, now the only thing people now know out of whatever gathering they had was his shenanigans not the actual event itself. Of course the show organizers don't want that.

That was the point I was trying to make earlier, but apparently less successfully so...

Krunok

Major Contributor
Ready to join the middle aged club yet, one more year to go.
I'll bet you feel it after a 8 hour day sanding rock. LOL

Yep, I fully agree - with 39 he's still "young-ish", but only for 1 more year.. :p

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Although I hate audio snake oil vendors as much (and probably more) than anyone else, I think Mr. Waldrep was out of line here. He was an invited guest and was expected to respect the other invited vendors. Chances are the guy demonstrating his snake oil power cords thought he was in a "safe" environment. Who knows what agreements have been made between the parties here. Here this "do gooder" goes around the host to expose an invited vendor without obtaining any permission for his "investigation and report". In his defense, I don't think I would want to be a member of an organization who promotes these types of vendors. At any rate, he had every right to kick Waldrep out of the club for not respecting the event coordinator and the invited vendors without permission or some kind of coordination. Its unprofessional behavior and disrespectful. Some people think they have to be the world's police officers - or in this case audio police. Unfortunately, it is not illegal to make outrageous claims about audio power cables. Most of the audio press does practically nothing to dispel these claims because these very vendors pay the bills. Waldrep set fire to a similar relationship at this event. He should not be shocked by his reaction. YMMV.

You may have missed this part:

'Mark, Bring your books, AIX discs, and a ton of backup software both Saturday and Sunday 10:30-6pm to Sunny’s!!! Enjoy and sell and entertain and inform!

Unsure of what your definition of inform is. But I know what mine is and what Mark did falls into the definition. That was an open invite if I ever saw one.

Bob's problem is he has an unimaginative viewpoint of what inform means.

Top Bottom