• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mark Waldrep In Trouble AGAIN

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Thank you! I tried to post a note several times but got a server error every time. Here's what I tried to post:

Wow, Mark, should have dropped you an email much sooner! You've had a very tough row; hopefully the worst is (nearly) over and things are (starting to) look up. Looking forward to your new book, and also a rash of new Atmos surround music releases (one can hope).

I still miss my boyhood border collie, Thunder... Even though he and my pony did not get along!

All the best for a good Christmas (where ever you may be) and brighter New Year! - Don H (ASR, and other associations for longer than either of us wants to admit)

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thank you! I tried to post a note several times but got a server error every time.
Humm? Kal and I both posted a bit earlier today with no issue.
Scroll all the way to the bottom, enter a name, email, (not seen publicly), and answer the security question in digits. (5, 25, whatevers correct.)

and also a rash of new Atmos surround music releases
Sadly Mark reported some time back he has retired from recording-mixing for AIX records. :(

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Humm? Kal and I both posted a bit earlier today with no issue.
Scroll all the way to the bottom, enter a name, email, (not seen publicly), and answer the security question in digits. (5, 25, whatevers correct.) ;)
Yup, did that, three times, got an error every time so gave up. I thought maybe I had to register for the site but it didn't look like it. I'll try again tomorrow or next week. Maybe something about about my setup it doesn't like. Or maybe "ten plus seventeen" is not 27 in its calculations. :)
Sadly Mark reported some time back he has retired from recording-mixing for AIX records. :(
Yah, I was actually referring to the post about Ken C and Brian M doing more surround-sound work.

Edit: Tried to post again, same error message. I give up, at least for now. Sent the error message to the webmaster.

Internal Server Error​

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Last edited:
OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Or maybe "ten plus seventeen" is not 27 in its calculations.
Possible Mark decided to close it down?

If your having trouble with the math I'll be glad to lend a hand. LOL

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Possible Mark decided to close it down?

If your having trouble with the math I'll be glad to lend a hand. LOL

Maybe... My message to the webmaster generated the error below indicative of a dead site. Maybe just temporarily? May have gotten flooded with responses after this thread... I thought Mark had posted here in the past but am not sure his username (and maybe it was elsewhere).

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

Server "realhd-audio.com" returned an error:

* [webmaster@realhd-audio.com]: Your message couldn't be delivered. The Domain Name System (DNS) reported that the recipient's domain does not exist or is misconfigured. Please check the address and try again.

JRS

Major Contributor
Just got the latest update, he has had a terrible year and has been through hell. Here's hoping things improve for him in 2022.
That's good I was irritated that he never responded to my complaint re some audio files that accompanied his book. Seems like a very stand up guy, unafraid to stand up to the MQA masquerade.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
When I lived in LA I attended several meetings of the Los Angeles and Orange County Audiophile Society. But every time I went to a meeting I would find misinformation being spouted around which made my head explode. I really wanted to be part of a society which shared my interest in audio, but it turned out to be impossible. They were something quite different than me. They believed in voodoo. So I gave up, which is quite sad actually.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
When I lived in LA I attended several meetings of the Los Angeles and Orange County Audiophile Society. But every time I went to a meeting I would find misinformation being spouted around which made my head explode. I really wanted to be part of a society which shared my interest in audio, but it turned out to be impossible. They were something quite different than me. They believed in voodoo. So I gave up, which is quite sad actually.
Unfortunatly most of the "Audiophile Societies" are just like the majority of websites, print media, etc; they all belong to the little boys club of voodoo believers. The best of the clubs have members on both sides of the aisle that are reasonbly tollerant of each other but they are few and far between.

Top Bottom