• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mark Levinson 519 measurements

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Once again slap down a stronger resume in the field.
What field? Psychoacoustics and controlled testing? Got both. A decade of managing a large team of PhDs and engineers building state of the art audio processing algorithms and systems. Participation in countless controlled and uncontrolled testing. Billions of devices shipped and continue to ship with same technology.

Measurements dating back to early 1990s when Audio Precision was first founded.

Where is Charley's? Or yours?

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Obviously not. That board has onboard opamps as well as a completely different filter design. No via stitching. Only thing similar is the fact it's stacked over the DAC board.
Did they design the board?

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
What field? Psychoacoustics and controlled testing? Got both. A decade of managing a large team of PhDs and engineers building state of the art audio processing algorithms and systems. Participation in countless controlled and uncontrolled testing. Billions of devices shipped and continue to ship with same technology.

Measurements dating back to early 1990s when Audio Precision was first founded.

Where is Charley's? Or yours?

People who care about what Charlie knows is 98% of the market.

People who care about what you do is 2% of the market at best.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Did they design the board?

It's none of your business who designed any of my boards.

If you look at the board characteristics it's fairly easy to see the board houses each board came from.

63AD3D45-2110-4137-AFEB-F34DE3D1BB81-1033-00000043FA11BB82.jpeg

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Well the part that is our business is that you did not. And you did not measure it either. So next time you want to have technical discussions with us, please have the people whose data and work you are plagiarizing do the talking.

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Well the part that is our business is that you did not. And you did not measure it either. So next time you want to have technical discussions with us, please have the people whose data and work you are plagiarizing do the talking.

Wow I guess that makes me an awful fool. Nobody who works with us would waste a second of their time around here. I can assure you of that. However they have been following this shit show for a good laugh :)

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People who care about what you do is 2% of the market at best.

The amount of hands that interact on a daily basis with what Amir birthed along with his team most likely puts the entire 'high end' audiophile around 10 to the -4 or higher.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

If you look at the board characteristics it's fairly easy to see the board houses each board came from.
Oh, it is absolutely clear. You took a board from a respected designer and ruined it by sticking it in that box of yours to sell with no regards for safety and performance of finished product.

Wow I guess that makes me an awful fool. Nobody who works with us would waste a second of their time around here. I can assure you of that. However they have been following this shit show for a good laugh :)
The shit show we are dealing with are your posts. In time I am sure the industry people will read these posts and realize to be very careful in dealing with you on ethics front and surely on competence. They would be much better off going to source of your product as I linked than dealing with someone like you who doesn't know the meaning of the word professionalism and truth in communication.

So I will confirm and unless you put forward any data that can be verified, these are the facts:

1. No measurements of your entire DAC exists. You don't have the equipment and necessary knowledge to measure it as evidenced by incorrect quoting of specs.

2. Your DAC board was designed and created by someone else. You have no knowledge of its internal design and any credit for good performance belongs to them, not you.

3. No industry person with professional engineering experience would ever, in a million years, defend the kits you have put together from safety or performance point of view.

4. You have no understanding of measurement science or psychoacoustics. You ramble off subjectivists PR line while at the same time raving about component specs that those people don't care about and at any rate, are not for the whole product.

Those are the facts and would be evident to anyone with an ounce of engineering knowledge.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-1_22-0-50.png
    upload_2017-9-1_22-0-50.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 154

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As they say, be careful who you worship:

upload_2017-9-2_18-55-4.png

I like to second what he says as that is the bible that many DIY hobbyists seem to follow. What matters is the whole system performance, not what is talked about on forums silicon.

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Wise words from an industry icon:

"A full suite of tests as done by Stereophile with $50,000 worth of test equipment will show some minor differences, but your ears are a far better tool. Trying to use measurements to test audio equipment is about as smart as using measurements to test wines or food. Good luck with that. A mouse's brain literally has more computing power than every single computer ever made tied together. Nature is far, FARsmarter than people. Sorry to disappoint you there."

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/...an-a-cheap-dac/?do=findComment&comment=712961

Which is why in reality there is little to choose in sound quality terms between audiophile uber expensive dacs with dafty bollocks like femto clocks and well designed cost effective products....and why audiophiles when put under controlled conditions fail to discriminate the products.

Its simply not true that your ears are a more reliable, more discriminating tool.

So again Mike, why is it that you previously put so much store with the measurements of your clock? Are you going to admidt in that case that you had it wrong all along? That measurements don't matter and its just your subjective opinion that matters?

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who is this icon? I haven't been bothered to read the linked thread. He is obviously a complete idiot with statements like that.

Charles Hansen

OP
Mivera

Mivera

Major Contributor
Oh, it is absolutely clear. You took a board from a respected designer and ruined it by sticking it in that box of yours to sell with no regards for safety and performance of finished product.

The shit show we are dealing with are your posts. In time I am sure the industry people will read these posts and realize to be very careful in dealing with you on ethics front and surely on competence. They would be much better off going to source of your product as I linked than dealing with someone like you who doesn't know the meaning of the word professionalism and truth in communication.

So I will confirm and unless you put forward any data that can be verified, these are the facts:

1. No measurements of your entire DAC exists. You don't have the equipment and necessary knowledge to measure it as evidenced by incorrect quoting of specs.

2. Your DAC board was designed and created by someone else. You have no knowledge of its internal design and any credit for good performance belongs to them, not you.

3. No industry person with professional engineering experience would ever, in a million years, defend the kits you have put together from safety or performance point of view.

4. You have no understanding of measurement science or psychoacoustics. You ramble off subjectivists PR line while at the same time raving about component specs that those people don't care about and at any rate, are not for the whole product.

Those are the facts and would be evident to anyone with an ounce of engineering knowledge.

Once again a bunch more BS. Who taught you that if you make false statements over and over again many times that it automatically makes them true?

Ha ha well I guess my growing list of OEM's must all be fools. You see these guys are intelligent and knowledgeable people. When they read this forum they just laugh. When they see and hear the technology we're working on it blows their minds. :) So far not even 1 OEM even asked about measurements. They want to hear of course, but measurements are quite useless when judging for sound. If you're in the business and can't hear the difference between excellence and garbage, you won't be around long.

Top Bottom