• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marchaudio P501 Mono Block Power Amplifier Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
...cut...

2.That power is what I observed with my dummy loads and Analyser. I'm not a maker.

But, this image could be help you. ... cut...
There is no need to be a manufacturer to check if the measurements make sense. That is the first thing you should do as a "reviewer"before publishing them.
And you know very well the power supply used, to quote you in your review of the P422 :
We can't get closer to amp units limits before Reach power supply's limits with both Ch driven(1000 W rated, but in fact the PSU can handle 1100 W well).
3. My load is rated as 8 kW.
It stayed Cold Start to End.
And I explained about measurement conditions in detail previously ( https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-stereo-power-amplifier-renewed-review.37267/ ). So your comments 3. feels quite rude to me.
One of your measurements is strange. Some double checking doesn't hurt. BTW, modifying your posts without highlighting the changes is actually rude.
4. Anyone can read graph and find cut-off point they want to use. That's why I upload Data with full details not just graph. Anyway thanks for suggestions.
You know very well that this is not true.

OP
thin bLue

thin bLue

Reviewer
There is no need to be a manufacturer to check if the measurements make sense. That is the first thing you should do as a "reviewer"before publishing them.
And you know very well the power supply used, to quote you in your review of the P422 :

One of your measurements is strange. Some double checking doesn't hurt. BTW, modifying your posts without highlighting the changes is actually rude.

You know very well that this is not true.
I claim about I'm not Maker to mean As customer, I care about input and output results. not how to fill inside the box.
My English is not good, it sometimes really misreadable. I should say sorry about that point.

But, to prevent exhausting argument, I'll do not comment to you anymore in this thread.

amper42

Major Contributor
Love the solid aluminum case with rounded corners on my March Purifi amp. The front power button is nice but requires just the right touch to get it to turn on. Too little pressure or the wrong angle and it ignores me. Buckeye mono 7040 PURIFI is $600 less with a more primitive case design. It's great that buyers have several purchase options.

OP
thin bLue

thin bLue

Reviewer
Love the solid aluminum case with rounded corners on my March Purifi amp. The front power button is nice but requires just the right touch to get it to turn on. Too little pressure or the wrong angle and it ignores me. Buckeye mono 7040 PURIFI is $600 less with a more primitive case design. It's great that buyers have several purchase options.
If you use that with PC, Try USB-3.5 cable!
Simply cut old USB and 3.5 cable, connect 5V USB Power to trigger. It's really convenient! Turns on with PC and off when PC offed.

More the options on the market, we can choose more tastier one!

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Do you have a permission for teardown? I'm curious how the custom power supply looks and how's the layout.

OP
thin bLue

thin bLue

Reviewer
Do you have a permission for teardown? I'm curious how the custom power supply looks and how's the layout.
I'm sorry.

With P422, I changed Gain for my use, so I took Photos when I took jumper off. But with this P501 standard gain, I have no reason to open, so I mind opening. and keep Warranty.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Switching amps make this test hard to run as the harmonics get mixed up with noise-shaping of class D amps. You would have to run it with much lower bandwidth in which case you get false results for frequencies above 10 kHz (it would step down which is wrong).
Any harmonics of frequencies above 10 kHz are above 20 kHz, so inaudible anyway, so do they matter in any case?

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
If you use that with PC, Try USB-3.5 cable!
Simply cut old USB and 3.5 cable, connect 5V USB Power to trigger. It's really convenient! Turns on with PC and off when PC offed.

More the options on the market, we can choose more tastier one!
It's good that USB power has become a standard for so many things, so we have lots of options for this.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Great review, congrats!

JSmith

Master Contributor
Would a cable like this do the job to provide trigger turn on power to the March Audio from MacBook Pro?
The MacBook will only output 5V and between 500mA/3A via a 2.0/3.0/3.1 USB port... the trigger is 12V. However, that said... you may be able to get it work work with 5V though;

JSmith

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you for the review. May I make a suggestion? I think it will easier for the reader to start with the tests and then add the other data, especially the manufacturer's or the parts used at the end. This is will be similar to an appendix.

Thank you for listening reading :)

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Outstanding. I especially appreciate the discussion of March’s implementation and how that could affect the overall performance.

Can you do an 8 ohm power sweep, please?

RandomEar

Thank you for the review. May I make a suggestion? I think it will easier for the reader to start with the tests and then add the other data, especially the manufacturer's or the parts used at the end. This is will be similar to an appendix.

Thank you for listening reading :)
I agree. Or maybe in a second post directly behind the review/measurements. Alternatively, some big fat headlines plus a couple of horizontal dividers could help make it easier to navigate. Very interesting read nonetheless.

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
If they don't want it back any chance of lifting the lid and posting a few photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom