• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March has arrived at Purité Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
You might want to check those cables that came with the khadas tone board before you ship them out again, I received my khadas tone board and the cable was broken, the seller agreed to ship me another one.
All my equipment gets a full technical test before shipping, including the cable. :)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
The ‘touch’ on/off switch is really cool.
Two distant relatives,

Keith

Re the switch I initially wanted to use one because I have had normal power switches mechanically fail on other manufacturers products. These are piezo based and have no moving parts. Should do millions of operations. But now I just think its cool, a far more important reason ;)

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Anyone else having flashes of irony at the Topping DX3 controversy regarding lack of QA and support, and people complaining about the cost of Alan's device including full QA and support?

Olli

Forum Donor
I have told him I will make time next month to test. I won't be doing a review however.

Great. How are you going to publish the results then if I may ask?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Re the switch I initially wanted to use one because I have had normal power switches mechanically fail on other manufacturers products. These are piezo based and have no moving parts. Should do millions of operations.

I really like your piezo switch, looks better than that Kaluga ball bearing business ;) Reliability is the key and conventional power amp switches burn up all the time or simply mechanically wear out.

Does the piezo switch a relay or a solid state relay?

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I really like your piezo switch, looks better than that Kaluga ball bearing business ;) Reliability is the key and conventional power amp switches burn up all the time or simply mechanically wear out.

Does the piezo switch a relay or a solid state relay?
It needs a monostable toggle circuit as the switch output is only momentary. This is solid state on a small pcb I designed which plugs into the Hypex module. The amp has a very low power (0.12w) standby psu. Toggling an input high brings on the main psu (which is relay switched).

It was a bit of a PITA getting the sensitivity of the switch tuned, but now it's very reliable. Soft touches or something brushing against it won't accidentally trigger it. You need a conscious push/tap.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Ah, that's an quite elegant way of doing it, taking advantage of what is on the boards.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
We now have the complete March Audio range as it stands at this point in stock!
If you would like to try one of Alan’s excellent amplifiers, drop me a line.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Ollie can you send an email there is contact information on the PA site.
Keith

Olli

Forum Donor
The 252 has arrived. It is hooked up to a RME ADI 2 Pro in MC-Mode; Speakers are TAD CE-1, subs are JL Audio E112, XO at 110 Hz. REQ Software is Audiolense via Roon. Room treatment is not final yet :) Will post measurements later... but it sounds really nice with close to zero hiss from the speakers. Thanks Alan/Keith!

9BA95B21-CCFD-4D47-A845-B445CBA018E7.jpeg

Last edited:

Olli

Forum Donor
Yes. Nevertheless I finally went for 19dBu, now I have still 15 dBu Headroom at a SPL of approx. 83 dB(C) leaving the Roon REQ gain option untouched.

Top Bottom