• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
They do have an RF anechoic chamber but I cant find any reference to an acoustic. chamber

Shall I ring my mates at ASIO/ASD- they've got a nice one in the Ben Chifley building basement in Canberra? ;)

asio.jpg

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-21/inside-asio-secure-building-chamber-of-secrets/12577352

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company

ririt

Be great if we could travel - damn covid! :)

The outdoor measurements we are conducting are actually very good. 8m off the ground is enough to make the low frequency perturbations insignificant.
Can you post pictures of this kind of measurement? I am curious to know how you are practically doing...it should be a spectacular installation..

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Can you post pictures of this kind of measurement? I am curious to know how you are practically doing...it should be a spectacular installation..

I took a pic of Alan the other day:

1606377875586.png

DrDardis

They do have an RF anechoic chamber but I cant find any reference to an acoustic. chamber
Hmmmm was a long time ago (97), but I remember walking into a room on steel walk way, and my mate spoke to me back to back and I could not hear sound. I will Google RF chamber, not sure what that is.

I also remember seeing a coffin-like anechoic box on rollers on YouTube, perhaps you could fab that for cheap?

Just spitballin

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Hmmmm was a long time ago (97), but I remember walking into a room on steel walk way, and my mate spoke to me back to back and I could not hear sound. I will Google RF chamber, not sure what that is.

I also remember seeing a coffin-like anechoic box on rollers on YouTube, perhaps you could fab that for cheap?

Just spitballin
Rf chamber is exactly the same thing but for testing radio frequency items.

I did have a small insight into Curtins RF work a few years ago for the antenna (amps) for the square km array as I worked representing Keysight products (spectrum analysers etc).

Last edited:
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I took a pic of Alan the other day:

View attachment 95920
You have no idea how close that is to the truth with some testing I have performed in the past ;)

Currently using a scissor lift to get the microphone, horizontal boom and speaker turntable off the ground.

Last edited:

ririt

You have no idea how close that is to the truth with some testing I have performed in the past ;)

Currently using a scissor lift.
amazing! I am really eager to see a real picture. However the one of restorer-john is a great introduction to the concept!

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here you go, this is it. Gave the crossover a good talking to. As I suspected the 3kHz dip was not just diffraction. Now resolved.

Measured at 2m but not corrected. Revised sensitivity is 85dB/2.83v/m (pink noise 500Hz to 2000Hz)

View attachment 96038
That is some good, wide directivity, DI stays about <=5 until 5kHz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom