• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Only five years? For passive speakers? What do you expect to break in six year's time?

Five years is an excellent warranty for loudspeakers and has been a defacto industry standard on high quality speakers for decades.

As such, Alan will need to sit on spare parts for at least double that period, at his cost. Components evolve, the Purifi and Bliesma drivers will undergo revisions and may not even be available in 5-10 years.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It's the same as Revel Salon 2 warranty.

The Salon2 US warranty contains wording that would be illegal here. Our consumer law is very powerful when it comes to implied warranty, especially on a TOTL speaker costing as much as the Salon2.

1605769194430.png

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
it's a probability game , some consumers will eventually break their speakers ;) late party many beers...
A manufacturer who whish to have good consumer relations will probably give you new tweeters and not contest how they where destroyed .

Manufacturing faults will probably show up much earlier ,leads to drivers coming loose , bad soldering etc ..

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
it's a probability game , some consumers will eventually break their speakers ;) late party many beers...
A manufacturer who whish to have good consumer relations will probably give you new tweeters and not contest how they where destroyed .

Manufacturing faults will probably show up much earlier ,leads to drivers coming loose , bad soldering etc ..
I provided warranty service to KEF and Energy for some years. We where instructed to replace all burnt and destroyed tweeters, woofers and crossovers that where in warranty at no charge. Many many replacements. We would receive case lots of drivers for inventory rather than have speakers sitting in house for days or weeks while we ordered replacement parts.

Last edited:

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We have had a number of customers contact us regarding availability and have decided to take those orders and do a "soft" launch. The Sointuva won't be on our website/shop for a few weeks yet but if anyone is interested in placing an order please contact me.

Initial pricing for a pair will be $3495 USD for painted finish (any colour you like) and $3995 for wood finish. This is significantly cheaper than the $5000 some were predicting earlier in the thread ;)

As these will be made to order there will be a 3 to 4 week lead time. As such we will only ask for 50% deposit to start the build.

Oh BTW quite happy to make odd numbers, doesn't have to be a pair, for theatre centre speakers etc.

Alan

Amazing pricing. I was going to go Genelec/Neumann/HEDD active with my setup but this definitely will make me think about saving up a bit more.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some distortion measurements. @2.83v (85dB/1m).

yes I have found the reason for the excursion at 350Hz ;)

View attachment 94976
Damn, below 0.1% THD above ~150Hz besides that noted 350Hz region. That’s awesome.

EDIT: And below ~0.3% (-50dB) above ~90abs for 96dB. That’s crazy.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
yes I have found the reason for the excursion at 350Hz

Two identical passive radiators, maybe one needs a tiny bit of mass to stop the mutual resonance?

Or was it something loose.. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom