• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDRCapeCod

Forum Donor
No its quite OK to leave it on.

However, and this applies to any electronics, you should be aware that electrolytic capacitors have a finite life. To maximise the life of the equipment you should turn off where possible.

The life depends on a number of factors such as temperature and ripple current etc so it's extremely difficult to put any accurate figure on the life. Life is usually defined as the cap value falling by 20%, so it doesn't mean failure, or that the equipment will stop working, but that it could start affecting performance.

In spite of this some context needs to be applied, the comments are just about how to get the longest life out of kit and that leaving it on is not going to make it fail any time soon.
Once again, thank you for your quick reply!

Willem

Major Contributor
Auto on/off can also be achieved with a master/slave power strip.

JDRCapeCod

Forum Donor
Auto on/off can also be achieved with a master/slave power strip.
I could be wrong (I have been wrong before) but this amp does not have a hard switch on it. When it is turned off via power strip (basically unplugging it), when it is turned back on it would be in standby mode until the piezo touch switch is pressed. I currently have a power conditioner that I control using a 12v trigger to turn on the outlet to my amp. The issue here, as I understand it, is that when the amp is powered up, it would be in standby. Is that correct? Thanks for your input.

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I could be wrong (I have been wrong before) but this amp does not have a hard switch on it. When it is turned off via power strip (basically unplugging it), when it is turned back on it would be in standby mode until the piezo touch switch is pressed. I currently have a power conditioner that I control using a 12v trigger to turn on the outlet to my amp. The issue here, as I understand it, is that when the amp is powered up, it would be in standby. Is that correct? Thanks for your input.
Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom