• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio P502 Stereo Amplifier Measurements

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I did notice this previously actually and thought exactly the same thing. The site was in USD before this change I believe? I suppose it's because international customers won't be paying the GST, which may be the majority of his business, so shows the ex-GST price. Alan should probably list 2 prices, ex-GST and inc-GST, just to be clearer.

JSmith

Bottom line is you cannot show or advertise a price that is GST exclusive for sale to the Australian public for purchase. You can show both, but the GST inclusive price must be more prominent and clear. He needs to fix his website.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Bottom line is you cannot show or advertise a price that is GST exclusive for sale to the Australian public for purchase. You can show both, but the GST inclusive price must be more prominent and clear. He needs to fix his website.

I see he has fixed the GST issue on his website. Well done Alan. :)

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
I am in a quandary. All the class D amps I have listened too I found a bit bright, edgy, or darn right harsh sounding. Granted, these were like the first generation Rotels, not current amps. A local high end store who prides themselves on not caring ANY junk, suggests I re-evaluate. ( He carries Lyngdorf) Local big chains have terrible rooms, iffy speakers and monster patch boards to make any evaluation dubious. ( Though the difference between an Arcam and Rotel integrated stood out like a dope-slap. What happened to Rotel? )

Anyway, I "upgraded" my own MOSFET amp as it was getting quite old and needs recapping to a Parasound 2125, which started out terrible but has mellowed some. But not very happy. I want a much more laid back amp.
As I don't want to play games with trying and returning across the globe, honest truth, for someone used to a 60W MOSFET ( Seas based monitors, peerless sub) Is it worth the risk to give a March a try. Not suggesting any fault or I would not be asking, just in personality of the amp. Would I be better served by my preference for an Atoll, Schiit, Hegel etc? Am I used to more low order even harmonics and just don't care for squeaky clean?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am in a quandary. All the class D amps I have listened too I found a bit bright, edgy, or darn right harsh sounding. Granted, these were like the first generation Rotels, not current amps. A local high end store who prides themselves on not caring ANY junk, suggests I re-evaluate. ( He carries Lyngdorf) Local big chains have terrible rooms, iffy speakers and monster patch boards to make any evaluation dubious. ( Though the difference between an Arcam and Rotel integrated stood out like a dope-slap. What happened to Rotel? )

Anyway, I "upgraded" my own MOSFET amp as it was getting quite old and needs recapping to a Parasound 2125, which started out terrible but has mellowed some. But not very happy. I want a much more laid back amp.
As I don't want to play games with trying and returning across the globe, honest truth, for someone used to a 60W MOSFET ( Seas based monitors, peerless sub) Is it worth the risk to give a March a try. Not suggesting any fault or I would not be asking, just in personality of the amp. Would I be better served by my preference for an Atoll, Schiit, Hegel etc? Am I used to more low order even harmonics and just don't care for squeaky clean?
Why don't you try an NC502MP from Buckeye in the US for $650 shipped? I don't think @Buckeye Amps has 30 day trial. But even if you don't like it and decide to sell, should be quick to find a buyer.

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Not wanting to play amp-of-the-week. If I wanted just a stock Hypex, I would build one myself in one of my old chassis where I already have a big transformer.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Not wanting to play amp-of-the-week. If I wanted just a stock Hypex, I would build one myself in one of my old chassis where I already have a big transformer.
Going to be hard considering you can't just buy OEM parts :). You can build an NC400 amplifier if you want to DIY.

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not disputing your self build prowess but the stiff competition on these amps is driving some great product development, the premium ones being of a much higher standard than any home builder could realistically do at a comparable price, and properly validated. Alan March has discounts on his p252 at the moment:

Of course @Buckeye Amps and @boXem | audio will happily help you too.

Top Bottom