• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio P452 Purifi Based Stereo Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pritaudio

Are there any uk dealers left for this product?
prefer to buy this instead of nord purifi .

ririt

Or you can buy them direct, couldn't you? Or are there customs/shipping issues I'm not aware of?
I bought direct from March. No issues with the delivery (DHL) in France. However I had to pay the french tax to get the amp. Taxes were managed by DHL.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Has Amir tested this or P451yet?
No. Back in August of last year, a member asked March to send his newly purchased 451 amps to me first for measurements. In mid September, March Audio chimed in saying he was revising the buffer amp to lower noise and distortion so preferred that I did not test that version. He was going to send the buffer as is to the customer and then send the updated buffer later on. Customer agreed. A week later he asked for ETA from March Audio on the current version as promised but there was no answer. That is the last I heard.

I think it is important to test these amps to make sure the buffer did not degrade performance. A lot of people are buying these amps on the strength of my review of the reference design. To the extent they are not, as was the case with NAD, we should not assume performance is the same.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are there any uk dealers left for this product?
prefer to buy this instead of nord purifi .

Why?
I bought March because was local. Had a Nord one-up years ago as it was the only option at the time - they were very good to deal with. I would suggest sticking to a local company, particularly if any issues crop up.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom