• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio P451 Purifi 1ET400A Mono Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoomer

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nicely built. Interesting choices of touch power button, XLR combi and 20A IEC. My amp also has the ETI speaker connectors, I like them.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Hi

Our P451 Purifi MonoBlocks are now ready, will be on the website this weekend.

They follow the form of all our amplifiers, compact enclosure milled from aluminium block with tough anodised finish.

Features:
  • OPA1632 based fully differential input buffer with very low noise LT3045/94 voltage regulators. These are particularly suited for regulating the SMPS output as they have high PSRR at high frequencies where most of the SMPS noise resides. These also feed the analogue sections on the 1ET400A module.
  • Separate regulated supply for the 1ET400A digital section (for info its actually missing on the prototype board shown below).
  • Solid copper ETI Research speaker binding posts.
  • Balanced XLR inputs (XLR/TRS combi jacks) also fully compatible with single ended RCA with adaptor cable.
  • Audio input RF filter
  • Touch switch power control
  • Mogami balanced signal cable
  • Speaker cable tightly twisted
  • Mains input booted, cabling twisted, double insulated and routed away from speaker/signal wiring/boards as far as practicable.
  • Power Supply is significantly over specified for a single channel amp.
  • All the lovely Purifi technical performance and sound ;)
Piccies

Just for info the bottom plate actually fits the other way round (psu to front) in the top shell.

View attachment 40680

View attachment 40681

View attachment 40682

View attachment 40688

View attachment 40684

View attachment 40685

View attachment 40686
View attachment 40687

View attachment 40689
Very nice. I take it that touch switch power control means that this uses a relay? Looks nice and compact but what are the dimensions? One more question: do you have the cases made locally or abroad?

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Very nice. I take it that touch switch power control means that this uses a relay? Looks nice and compact but what are the dimensions? One more question: do you have the cases made locally or abroad?
It toggles the main SMPS, part of its control logic. The main SMPS does have a relay.

Last edited:

kaka89

Eventually, it will require a new case.

Oh, that is a great news for me!
I found the current case's width-depth ratio quite odd.
A more squareish case would look better in my opinion. Looking forward to its release.

Thanks.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, that is a great news for me!
I found the current case's width-depth ratio quite odd.
A more squareish case would look better in my opinion. Looking forward to its release.

Thanks.
It is because you need 2 monos, put them side by side and they look squarish. :)
Or the source/preamp in the middle and each of them on the sides, also looks good.

Last edited:

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks

Yes, fairly big but they allow for good access for large CSA cable and large spades. Plus bananas of course.
Nice. But my one significant concern is the connection for getting the output off the board!

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi

Our P451 Purifi MonoBlocks are now ready, will be on the website this weekend.

They follow the form of all our amplifiers, compact enclosure milled from aluminium block with tough anodised finish.

Features:
  • OPA1632 based fully differential input buffer with very low noise LT3045/94 voltage regulators. These are particularly suited for regulating the SMPS output as they have high PSRR at high frequencies where most of the SMPS noise resides. These also feed the analogue sections on the 1ET400A module.
  • Separate regulated supply for the 1ET400A digital section (for info its actually missing on the prototype board shown below).
  • Solid copper ETI Research speaker binding posts.
  • Balanced XLR inputs (XLR/TRS combi jacks) also fully compatible with single ended RCA with adaptor cable.
  • Audio input RF filter
  • Touch switch power control
  • Mogami balanced signal cable
  • Speaker cable tightly twisted
  • Mains input booted, cabling twisted, double insulated and routed away from speaker/signal wiring/boards as far as practicable.
  • Power Supply is significantly over specified for a single channel amp.
  • All the lovely Purifi technical performance and sound ;)
Missing from my wish list: 12V trigger in (not out).

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
It is because you need 2 monos, put them side by side and they look squarish. :)
Or the source/preamp in the middle and each of them on the sides, also looks good.
One big advantage of mono amps is that you can put them really close to, or hidden behind, the speakers and use really short speaker cables.

BTW why do some call mono amps "monobloc(k)s"?

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
Sorry I didn't reply about the dimensions:
330mm x 180mm x 75mm

Cases are made in China, its the only economic option. Have to say the quality and service from the company has been excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom