• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio P122 Class D Amplifier Measurements

Music1969

Major Contributor
as per the measurements in Amir's write-up

Noted but my question was more around length of time and I don't know how long the test can run into 4 ohm before issues start happening with this amp.

Can this amp run for 2 hours continuously into 100W into 4 ohms?

I don't think Amir measured for that long.

As mentioned, an AMT driver that is 4 ohms is mostly resistive, flat impedance

CamRector

Old review I know but I’m confused as to this 8ohm measurements.
Why does the legend say icepower4 when this is a hypex based amp.
Where is the March p122 like the 4ohm graph?
Am I missing something or did graphs get confused?

Attachments

• IMG_7898.png
    IMG_7898.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 18

digicidal

Major Contributor
Old review I know but I’m confused as to this 8ohm measurements.
Why does the legend say icepower4 when this is a hypex based amp.
Where is the March p122 like the 4ohm graph?
Am I missing something or did graphs get confused?
You can see on the date ranges at the top of that chart (7/2/2019 9:37... through the day prior to posting the review). Most likely that setup file was selected due to the NAD T578 & 1ET400A being good high/low range comparisons.

Based on the "start date" you can see the legends appear to come from THIS REVIEW but the actual chart data is different (and corresponds to the Hypex board which has much better performance than the ICEPower module).
At 8 ohm power naturally drops:
ICEPower 125ASX2 stereo class D amplifier Regulated Power 8 Ohm Audio Measurements.png
So most likely @amirm just forgot to adjust the legends but used saved template to save time in running tests. I'm sure he can confirm this however. I can see how it could be confusing or misleading however - I guess no one else noticed until now.

Just like is the case with most Hypex installations (or ICEPower modules for that matter)... you can basically go off the official charts and specifications directly from the manufacturer. Input buffers, custom filters, etc. aside - the final assemblies are within 1% of factory spec usually.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So most likely @amirm just forgot to adjust the legends but used saved template to save time in running tests. I'm sure he can confirm this however. I can see how it could be confusing or misleading however - I guess no one else noticed until now.
Indeed. I have saved some measurements as template files I now recall to test other products. Most of the time I remember to update the labels but sometimes forget. I need to go through them all and remove the labels to avoid this confusion. But that requires me to be less lazy than I am.....

digicidal

Major Contributor
Indeed. I have saved some measurements as template files I now recall to test other products. Most of the time I remember to update the labels but sometimes forget. I need to go through them all and remove the labels to avoid this confusion. But that requires me to be less lazy than I am.....
I think most of us are in that boat... the information age has dramatically increased the speed and ease with which we generate new data. Unfortunately, optimized organization of that data is still mostly a manual process (and a very subjective one).
Despite massive technology advancements in the past 45 years... Post-It-Notes and Scotch tape are still principal components of 3M's revenue. ;)

Top Bottom