• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

March Audio Hypex Ncore Power Amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I think the point is when people buy amps from most manufacturers they rate the power output continuously. However your amplifier that you claim puts out 700WPC, only actually puts out 100WPC using the same power rating standards most are accustom to. So this is misleading to say the least

I can assure you other manufacturers power figures are often not accurate at all, or follow the same rating standard. No the point is that the test is misleading of real world performance.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think March Audio has explained his position on this perfectly well and based on what I've seen of his participation on this board have never seen any evidence that he misleads.

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
If this is the case, why is he using the specs of the raw NC-500 module as the actual specs combined with a buffer and power supply for his 701 amplifier? It's impossible to exacly match the specs of the module alone, when combined with an input buffer. And without an input buffer, the amp would be useless to 95% of the population. His DAC wouldn't even be able to drive it.
Because I havent measured, to high enough accuracy, the combined yet. The raw data from Hypex is what I have.

Are you a competitor by any chance, just joined the forum?

Last edited:
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
So are you claiming that the wire or case material and shape change the objective measured results from the speaker outputs?
Implementation absolutely does affect performance. I can only guess a noise problem with the below attempted fix. Not keen on the mains block either.

IMG20181221161205.jpg

Last edited:
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
I am asking legit questions that your potential customers should know. If you have nothing to hide, you should welcome these posts as it's bringing many views to your thread.

The raw data from Hypex is from a standalone module that requires other bits to function as a complete amplifier. This is no different than claiming your DAC has the exact same specs as the chip it uses. Misleading at best.

Do you know how my buffer performs? Nope. Do you think its not possible to have a front end with better performance than the power amp?

Its clear you are out to troll so on ignore you go.

Last edited:
OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
It's pretty clear that you don't either. Yet you still are publishing final specs of the amplifier. At least your behavior is consistant between all of your March Audio threads.

DId you read the post where I said I havent measured it to high enough accuracy yet? Its been measured but I need to use the APx555 to get the final figure. Do you think its not possible to have a front end with better performance than the power amp?

Hi ho hi ho its off to troll we go....

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
I am asking legit questions that your potential customers should know. If you have nothing to hide, you should welcome these posts as it's bringing many views to your thread.

The raw data from Hypex is from a standalone module that requires other bits to function as a complete amplifier. This is no different than claiming your DAC has the exact same specs as the chip it uses. Misleading at best.

You didn't answer the question about you being competitor or not.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
To be honest, these are the only amplifiers I have actually got excited about for a long time. I think Alan is onto something and has carefully evaluated his potential market before taking this leap.
Is this the first time you have looked at Hypex stuff?

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
The point of this thread is not who I am. It's to deliver accurate information about the wares March is peddling. I was led to believe that this is the mission of this forum. Absolute truth, and exposing those who mislead. None of the questions or comments I've posted should be in any way harmful to both the vendor, or the audience coming to learn about the products. If they are, this means someone is doing something wrong. And this someone isn't me.

I don't agree. Your statements don't have the same weight if you are competitor. As you haven't denied it I take it you are a competitor.

Besides, me, as a potential customer, would wait for @amirm to measure the amps but you seem to agressively push against the March Audio before that. I suggest you cool down before you loose any credibility and before the patience of his Lordship runs out. :D

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
The point of this thread is not who I am. It's to deliver accurate information about the wares March is peddling. I was led to believe that this is the mission of this forum. Absolute truth, and exposing those who mislead. None of the questions or comments I've posted should be in any way harmful to both the vendor, or the audience coming to learn about the products. If they are, this means someone is doing something wrong. And this someone isn't me.

So are you a competitor or somehow related to the industry. It is very relevant if you are asking questions implying dishonesty etc.. have Nord or Rouge done any different?

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
So the figures you shared here, are the figures you measured with your sub-par gear? Or are they right off of the datasheet of a module that is only a single component, in an entire complex chain of parts?

Yes I need the worlds best audio measurement system to check it out. I dont have one like many other audio manufacturers.

Are you a competitor or otherwise associated with the audio industry?

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
My comments have been among the most civil comments I've yet to see on this forum while questioning a manufacturer. I'm only asking questions everyone should want to know. No personal attacks, and nothing against the rules.

Apart from implying Im dishonest and misleading.

Wombat

Master Contributor
The camp of not responding to trolls. New member? The 100W figure is in specific circumstances which tests will show isnt relevant to any real world usage.

By God these guys are tiresome, expecting you to answer their vacuous questions.

OP
March Audio

March Audio

Master Contributor
Audio Company
[QUOTE=" have Nord or Rouge done any different?

So are you saying 3 wrongs make a right?[/QUOTE]

No, what Im saying is it is the imnformation I have available and unlike Nord, Audiophonics and Rouge I am actively pursuing independent testing to confirm all performance parameters.

Last edited:

Krunok

Major Contributor
My comments have been among the most civil comments I've yet to see on this forum while questioning a manufacturer. I'm only asking questions everyone should want to know. No personal attacks, and nothing against the rules.

If you are a competitor, and obviously you are, I'd prefer you speak about competitive advantages of your products instead of going so agressively toward other products before they are measured.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Your Post #63 is condescending, not civil.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Yes it's over the top expecting a manufacturer to be knowledgeable about the products they're selling.

They don't have to share their knowledge. Get real. Who the heck do you think you are? You could be mistaken for another infiltrating Troll given you joined today. Poor manners for a newbie at least. Too many of them lately IMNSHO.

elira

I think one of the advantages of having manufacturers in forums is that they can share more in depth info about their products. But for some reason @March Audio is being secretive about basic stuff. More openness will be appreciated, and may help to sell more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom