Same boat my friend outside US. I`m hoping to see both Cinema 50 and Cinema 40 at @amirm bench next year. Cinema 40 just like Denon X4800H is now made in Japan and there is some differences.
Editorial Note About the $1k Price Difference Between Cinema 40 vs Cinema 50:
- Cinema 40 is designed and manufactured at their prestigious factory in Japan, a.k.a. Shirakawa Audio Works, same as the SR8015, while the Cinema 50 is manufactured in Vietnam.
- Cinema 40 utilizes higher grade audio components and design. (IE. HDAM-SA2 improve version similar to the SR8015).
- Cinema 40 has a more powerful EI core transformer, audio capacitor and higher rated power 125wpc vs 110wpc of Cinema 50.
- Cinema 40 utilizes monolithic amplifier construction, meaning each amplifier channel comes with its own amplifier PCB, instead of one single amplifier PCB for all channels providing better performance against crosstalk and vibration.
- Cinema 40 incorporates more acoustic treatment for audio tuning, copper screws on the back panel, etc.
Would be good to give credit to whoever wrote the notes pasted here. This is a piece from Audioholics article on new Marantz releases.