• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Marantz 8802a issue with rear right channel

Starman

I recently moved and put my theater back together with some upgrades. I remember having issues with my right rear channel in the old place but figured it was either a blown Polk or cabling may just have been an issue in the walls (I put it in 15 years ago).

But in this new space (not as "dedicated" of a theater as my old one), I have the ability to test the issue a lot more since everything as far easier to get to.

The sound out of that channel is significantly lower then my left rear. Even Audyssey will set that speaker to +6db vs the left with does even it out.

I have swapped amps (Outlaw 2200 monoblock)
I have swapped speakers, went from Polk floor standing to Paradigm ADP v5
I have swapped cables.

The issue still exists. Should I just assume there is something wrong with the xlr port on my Marantz now?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Try the RCA in comparison to the other RCAs, of course.

OP
S

Starman

Good idea, I just tested with a typical 6 foot Monoprice RCA and its actually the same, still have to raise the db by 6 on that channel to make it sound equal.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Must be internal to the Marantz. Are you playing "Direct" and without any processing?

Top Bottom