• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Male vocals

pavuol

Whan Amir says "jing", I say "jang". When Amir says "Venus", I say "Mars being smaller, it has something to offer too", what do you think? :)

Amir says in "Female vocals" thread:
This is what I hope to be one of a new of super valuable music threads where we highlight music that is exceptionally recorded and is a joy to listen to. The latter of course varies from person to person but let's only post music we really like, not just because it is "hi-fi."
So I think we can stick to this approach also in this thread.

I suggest each of your post to include Artist / Track Title / Album / Year. (media link only is nice, but it is not searchable and there is also some risk of being deleted, so at least the text entry should remain)

pavuol

May I start like this? :rolleyes::)
wiki trivia: It is also one of the few songs in which Mercury sings all the vocals in falsetto.

Queen - Pain Is So Close To Pleasure (A Kind Of Magic, 1986)

Last edited:

pavuol

Velvet voice, to me (considering the release year), Roy is here like "no matter current trends, I'll stick to my way." Which is, great, in my humble opinion..

Roy orbison - In the real world (Mystery Girl, 1989)

Last edited:

pavuol

Surely not my daily kind of stuff, but sounds very relaxing. I found this song on some "audiophile compilation", so I hope it bears some "demo/reference/test" potential. Nice colour of voice of an experienced singer.
(from certain point of my age, I don't like to use a word "older", it can always return to me like a boomerang.. :rolleyes:;) )

David Munyon - Hollywood town (Pretty Blue 2011)

pavuol

Well, one of my favourite voices ever, one of the YT comments says it all:
The fact he’s still got such a good voice after decades is incredible.

A-ha - Take On Me (Live From MTV Unplugged 2017) - from the album Hunting High and Low / 1985