• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Making the move to small active lifestyle gear

srrxr71

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can play Atmos music using the Era 300 (alone or a stereo pair) by playing Apple Music or Amazon music from the Sonos app. To play Atmos in a movie you need a soundbar.
What i’m wondering though is how it can play atmos music without a center channel. I wish you can just use an Era 300 for that.

So is it downmixing to stereo like HomePods do?

Dan8558

I‘m not sure what it does about a center channel. If you have a pair of Era 300s, I’d guess it does a phantom center. It has drivers pointing up and to the sides to generate height and front left/right channels by reflecting sound from the walls and ceiling.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I was going to reply to the OP but I’m glad you mention this. You could even simplify this more by consolidating the streamer and DAC in one box. Curious though, do you think you’d benefit from a sub?
I tried that route and bought the Allo. It just didn't work for me. Yes I could use a sub for movies. My Genelec's have a 8" woofer so I'm not lacking for bass

Top Bottom