• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Making Equalizer APO config file. Is it correct?

Hamboneious

Hello all! Crossing my fingers someone can double check my work here:)

So finally decided on an upgrade for my headset (Aeon 2 closed) and it is on the way. Did a search for EQ APO config files and couldn't find any prebuilt but on oratory 1990's reddit site they had the following:
Aeon2pdf.jpg

Hopefully this was ok to post with credit to. If not please let me know:)
So created a config file using their docs that looks as follows:
Aeon2config.jpg

Analysis Panel when imported and active:
AnalysisPanel.jpg

Does this all look correct? SEEMS to work but new to tool so any help form an "old hand" with would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello all! Crossing my fingers someone can double check my work here:)

So finally decided on an upgrade for my headset (Aeon 2 closed) and it is on the way. Did a search for EQ APO config files and couldn't find any prebuilt but on oratory 1990's reddit site they had the following:
View attachment 181332
Hopefully this was ok to post with credit to. If not please let me know:)
So created a config file using their docs that looks as follows:
View attachment 181333
Analysis Panel when imported and active:
View attachment 181334
Does this all look correct? SEEMS to work but new to tool so any help form an "old hand" with would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Looks okay. You can always turn on and off individual filters to see if they’re doing exactly what you think they’re doing but looks okay to me.

Peak gain is at -4.3 though so you’re losing some headroom there for no reason.

OP
H

Hamboneious

Looks okay. You can always turn on and off individual filters to see if they’re doing exactly what you think they’re doing but looks okay to me.

Peak gain is at -4.3 though so you’re losing some headroom there for no reason.
Yeah..I am not quite sure where that is coming from. Is there some setting I am missing in the eq software? I don't see it in the individual configuration txt file I loaded..

Edit...
ok, preamplification tab if I bring it back up seems to control this. Should I adjust this to bring that value close to zero?

Last edited:
OP
H

Hamboneious

Remove the BW data from the text file.
That’s optional.
Thank you..removed!!

quick question if you see..I looked though links in your sig and found this section:
sub section:
[Optional] How to calculate the preamp gain needed for Amir's posted PEQ filters?

It seems pretty straight forward but he preamplification tab on the software install is by default set to -6dB. Should I zero that out before following the directions on that in the link above? Seems it should be and that should be adjusted in the config file rather that in the preamplification tab...

Top Bottom