• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mains noise and instability

GrimSurfer

Major Contributor
Wow. That's a big difference in ambient noise.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Tks

Major Contributor
I thought daps can't feed senn hd6xx, ok i will search for more

What? I can literally drive it off an old iPhone 5, iPhone SE, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone XS Max...

All work perfectly fine for home use of an HD6XX, especially if the alternative is using an amp that you can audibly perceive issues impeding your enjoyment.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Dac or amp? Which one is affected more from the problems

Impossible to tell, depends on many factors including its wiring.
It is even possible that neither shows any influence untill they are connected.

OP
Y

yigitboy

What? I can literally drive it off an old iPhone 5, iPhone SE, iPhone 6+, iPhone 7, iPhone XS Max...

All work perfectly fine for home use of an HD6XX, especially if the alternative is using an amp that you can audibly perceive issues impeding your enjoyment.
Yes maybe they can play loud but lets not say perfectly :)

Reactions: Tks

Veri

Master Contributor
Yes maybe they can play loud but lets not say perfectly :)
For many people it would be sufficient. Not everyone wants the physically-vibrating kind of experience Amir stress-tests devices with :) :D

OP
Y

yigitboy

I bought an online ups. Surprisingly all problems gone. Dynamics, detail and instrument seperation is at top what i can expect best from my devices.
It is like listening at 03:00 am. Maybe Graham slee solo and my updated amplifier ( SDF Audio3 tube amp )'s electrical components were the problem. I dont know but absolutely it is not placebo. Even my eardrums started to vibrate which never happened before even at the last volume.
I dont know if it works for you but mine did.

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I bought an online ups. Surprisingly all problems gone. Dynamics, detail and instrument seperation is at top what i can expect best from my devices.
It is like listening at 03:00 am. Maybe Graham slee solo and my updated amplifier ( SDF Audio3 tube amp )'s electrical components were the problem. I dont know but absolutely it is not placebo. Even my eardrums started to vibrate which never happened before even at the last volume.
I dont know if it works for you but mine did.

Not to be snarky, but it absolutely could be placebo. Not saying it is. But if you're going on subjective observation, yeah, it could be placebo.

OP
Y

yigitboy

We can not be sure without measuring how the amplifier deals with dirty electricity. If it is placebo, i would pay a lot for such a nice placebo :)

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We can not be sure without measuring how the amplifier deals with dirty electricity. If it is placebo, i would pay a lot for such a nice placebo :)

Or, you could do a DBT, which is what's needed to be close to sure.

Top Bottom