• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

magnum pi vintage only the new magnum pi sucks

Andysu

Major Contributor
magnum pi vintage only. i never would have guessed until looked up on imdb that new magnum pi uses a female sjw mary sue higgins, get lost not going to watch a single episode of that garbage trash having mary sue higgins forced down my throat .

into watching season 2 on amazon for the past few weeks or watching as many episodes as possible in a single day often weekend and few in early weekday .
some episodes are good some not so but still i prefer vintage magnum pi and the newer theme nailed it 2nd time as first theme seemed weak . plus tom selleck moustache, where new magnum is shaved off , yeah i can imagine where it is placed . vintage magnum pi only !

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
was a fan of the original so thought I'd give the new one a go. Was initially sceptical about a female Higgins but it does sort of work. Jay Hernandez has big shoes to fill but he does it, all credit to him.

I miss the voiceover, which is very rarely used in the reboot except sometimes at the start of an episode. Having Higgins be his partner from season two means they can do the exposition directly but IMO all P.I shows should have a voiceover.

There's a handful of very poor episodes but most of them are pretty watchable. Usually hate reboots but this one has enough of its own charm to get a pass and I rarely give any modern TV a pass.

Also been watching old episodes of 'Spenser For Hire' also from back in the 1980s. Recalled it as being a bit lame, and yes, it is. The new Magnum is better I think.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
not going to watch a single episode of that garbage trash having mary sue higgins forced down my throat
Bad day, bud?

Top Bottom