• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magnius Stack vs L50 Stack

Hey all, first time poster long time lurker here. I'm looking to upgrade my amp/dac combo.

I am in between the Magnius stack and the L50 stack. Which has better soundstage/imaging?
My main focus is gaming, but listen to some hip-hop and rock on Zeus and some 1990.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey all, first time poster long time lurker here. I'm looking to upgrade my amp/dac combo.

I am in between the Magnius stack and the L50 stack. Which has better soundstage/imaging?
My main focus is gaming, but listen to some hip-hop and rock on Zeus and some 1990.

Most on here would say soundstage/ imagining to the extent they hear them come from the recording and the headphones, not the electronics. You might want to experiment with EQ on your existing rig to see if changing the frequency response enhances either of those attributes, but dont chase it with new kit.

Zensō

Major Contributor
Most on here would say soundstage/ imagining to the extent they hear them come from the recording and the headphones, not the electronics. You might want to experiment with EQ on your existing rig to see if changing the frequency response enhances either of those attributes, but dont chase it with new kit.
This ^^

OP
S
I hear you on that, but I feel like my headphones and tastes are starting to outgrow the atom stack I started with

Helicopter

Major Contributor
I have a Modius/Magnius that suit my tastes well. They sound the same to me as Heresy, Hel, and Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. No doubt the Topping stack would also sound the same to me. I would say go for whichever combination of looks and cachet suit tastes, but don't expect much sonic change. Or better yet, get a Jotunheim with the new Schiit DAC and offer it to Amir for testing... ok, here I am serving my own curiousities.

Reactions: pjn
Top Bottom