• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Magico Ultimate vs Magico M6

woodyohill

Forum Donor
What a very interesting exchange.
I have listened to the Ultimate once. The amount of micro details was surreal, and I mean that literally because no way in a live concert would you be able to hear all that... but that is not the Ultimate exaggerating the details, more an artifact of close mic-ing.
I am a firm believer that science is the way to go, but at the same time, I also wonder if the current measurement methods available to measure a speaker can truly reflect all the qualities of a speaker. In the case of Magico, I wonder e.g. if the choice of material (alum) over MDF or wood, can the measurements truly reflect the acoustic property differences? E.g., Alum has much lower 'energy storage' vs wood or mdf. would that not account for something? And if so, in which measurement would reflect the difference?

Top Bottom